Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:37:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690722
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Saber & Blood Kickstarter is live!  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Saber & Blood Kickstarter is live!
« on: April 21, 2018, 07:41:29 AM »
My friends over at Kazrak miniatures have launched their kickstarter campaign for the board game "Saber & Blood". It's a small scale "brawl" game where combat is done with both special fencing dice and cards. The fighting aspects of the game are really well done, and there a a bunch of scenarios in the core rulebook that I had the pleasure of reviewing a while back.

The game is set in 17th century eastern Europe and the core factions are Poles and Cossacks, with more factions available for the game if all goes well.

The Kickstarter is straight forward, single level entry, no nonsense. At 55£ you get the game and all unlocked stretch goals. I hope it does well. So if you are interested, help spread the word and back the game!

Link to their campaign:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saberandblood/saber-and-blood/description

Link to my review of the prototype:
http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2018/02/saber-blood-beta-version-board-game.html

Link to pictures of the Cossack and Polish models:
http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2018/02/saber-blood-poles-and-cossacks-painted.html

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
Re: Saber & Blood Kickstarter is live!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »
Hmm, so this is not a cross-over Kickstarter done jointly by Sash & Saber and Blood & Plunder, both of which have run KS campaigns over the past year...
=^,^=

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:29:59 PM »
Saber & Blood Kickstarter update

The guys running the Saber & Blood campaign have made some changes to the campaign - adding one of the unlockable factions "The Deceived ones" straight to the core box.

It is also important to know, that pledging for the game - even at a standard level - gives you every single unlocked feature for free! So new factions, decks of command cards, boards and tokens for a mere £55!

For those not knowing much about the game it is also worth mentioning that each faction is made up of roughly 3 models with its very own command deck. That is important because much flavor of the faction and the combos you can pull off during gameplay derive from those decks. The locations also have their own "location decks" featuring terrain elements that can be used against your opponents during the brawls. You may also need to know that the game is not simply about killing every opponent miniature, but rather about objectives that require you to outsmart your enemies more often than beating them to a bloody pulp.

I really look forward to seeing the additional game boards unlcoked, but am also keen to see how the other factions that we know little about to this date will unfold (Musketeers, Brotherhood of faith and the wolf maidens).

The guys have also uploaded several videos presenting the game, including a video about gameplay.

If you think this looks interesting, don't hesitate to check out their campaign and back the game. They are a small company with a true "indie" product that has huge potential and really need the kickstarter to actually manufacture the game rather than use the kickstarter for pre-order as is common these days!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saberandblood/saber-and-blood/description

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:36:25 PM by Anatoli »

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »
Backed.  Thanks for posting, Anatoli.

-Michael

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 05:54:09 PM »
:-)

The campaign is having a difficult time, but I still hope it gets funded as I have played the prototype and know that it is a really good  game with unique and well made combat.

I am at a loss how only about 200 backers have found their way to the campaign though  :?

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 03:58:29 PM »
It's interesting but the delivery date is very nearly a year which will put folk off, it put me off as there's no payment system which protects backers over that time.  :?

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 10:57:11 PM »
It looks interesting.