Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vietnamese Air Force Museum - Pics  (Read 1048 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
Vietnamese Air Force Museum - Pics
« on: April 21, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »
Having accidentally found myself in Hanoi with a spare morning, a trip to a military museum was required. Originally intending to go to the supposedly disappointing Vietnam War Museum, my driver ended up dropping me off instead at the Air Force Museum.

The Air Force Museum doesn't appear all that prominently in the normal guidebooks but as you will see is still pretty good, especially for a wargamer!

(yes, it is an "88"..!)

The museum has a large static park containing and (admittedly) limited range of aircraft and AA guns as used by the Vietnamese Air Force during the Vietnam war and immediately afterwards in some other conflicts (which don't really seem to get much of a look-in).

You can walk around the grounds and climb all over the kit if you wish, so its very much a hands-on experience.

It was a fairly decent and bright day without being overly sunny, so I managed to get a good number of pretty clear photos using my iPhone camera

All of the 100-odd photos are online on my website for you to have a virtual walk-round of the Vietnamese Peoples Air Force Museum
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
Re: Vietnamese Air Force Museum - Pics
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 02:03:49 PM »
they need to collect money for indoor storage... or like in the old soviet northern fleet museum, having ground crew doing daily maintenance...  lol
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Vietnamese Air Force Museum - Pics
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
Actually the War Museum itself is pretty good and it captures a broad swathe of Vietnamese military history. There’s a fun son et lumière of Dien Bien Phu. Well worth the visit, as is the Presidential Palace in Saigon.

Didn’t get to the airforce museum, too busy elsewhere, so thanks for sharing. Maybe next time.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo