Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Didn't know I needed these until I saw them...gearing up for some Pulp Sci-Fi  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
  • Pulp Alley Phantom Agent
    • Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer
A lucky find at Value Village may well bring a back burner project to the front.
I have amassed a collection of Dick Garrison, Killer B and Hydra miniatures figures for a long thought about and very loosely planned excursion into the 25th century!

I figure today's find will make nice battleship/cruisers either for an actual space battle or as objectives in a ground battle. At any rate they were impossible to resist, even my better half had to agree that I needed to buy them.

Some missing doors should be fairly easy to replace, some ping pong ball copulas, should provide weapons, and a quick repaint should bring them online. I have some troop transports ready to build (a different kind of find from a dollar store) oh yeah and the previously mentioned collection of figures that I have amassed.

But first have to finish the Tomb of the Serpent campaign...

For more gaming stuff feel free to check out my blogs:
General blog: Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer @ http://menelduir.blogspot.ca/
Painting/building blog @ https://menelduirspainting.blogspot.com/
VSF related blog @ https://vsfadventuresofmenelduir.blogspot.com/

Online syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Those look like they have a lot of potential.  Good luck on reviving the project.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
That's the find of the year, right there.  Will be watching!

;) ;)
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Big Martin Back

• Scientist
Excellent find.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
Very Tintin Destination Moon.

Offline Peril Planet

• Schoolboy
    • Nathan Russell
OMG! They are great - an awesome find. I can see a lot of fun to be hod with the,. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
I write stuff. Sometimes about games! http://nathanrussell.net

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
Those ships look amazing, what are they? I have a guess not much chance of finding them in UK.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Really awesome.
But more awesome is that room you have to play around in!  :o OMG I am sooooooo jealous ;)

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
Those ships look amazing, what are they? I have a guess not much chance of finding them in UK.

They look a little bit like the Happy Land rockets sold in Mother care. The red rocket is also very similar to the one in the Peppa Pig toy range.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Elk,
Is right the red and grey is an ELC happy land rocket.The other is a Carousel space adventure rocket.
The carousel one responds to liquid plastic adhesive a little better although joints can be a little brittle. Both aren't as responsive as you'd like to super glue.
These are dead easy to pick up in the UK as its car boot season,and regular charity shop fodder as well as eBay and gum tree ( had these for years firm favourite's when fostering.)

Mark.

Offline Menelduir

• Scientist
  • Pulp Alley Phantom Agent
    • Rants and Ramblings of an Unfocused Gamer
Really awesome.
But more awesome is that room you have to play around in!  :o OMG I am sooooooo jealous ;)

Thank you for the comments, and one of these days the room may be clean enough to take some proper pictures of it...

As for the ships I searched Amazon and found similar items listed as CP toys (constructive playthings) Space Mission rocket ship, at a price well above my second hand find. I am thinking that this summer will be a Space Adventure campaign so I will be working on them and posting pics.

However I have suddenly been bit by the Rapid Fire Early War supplement bug and I find myself surrounded by 20mm Germans and British tanks with more on the way. Again, I am an unfocused gamer...

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
They are awesome. Must have some ....
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Wow, those do look good!