Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:38:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Goblin Warband project.  (Read 895 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Goblin Warband project.
« on: April 23, 2018, 05:15:30 AM »
I've got a real soft spot for the mid 90's GW goblins. I think the first White Dwarf battle report I read involved some of the goblin spider rider miniatures in it and I just really loved the idea of the little greenskins since then.
I'm trying to get together a small (maybe not so small) force of goblins. Possibly for use in Dragon Rampant or something like that.
Anyway Here is what I plan on painting over the next few months/year/decade(knowing my painting rate and butterfly superpower)
Here is the whole lot that I have at the moment
2018-04-23_03-48-16 by Kieran Me, on Flickr
So a bit more of a closeup
Some partially painted bits. (before I decided to make this more of a force to be reckoned with laughed at.
4 night goblin archers and 4 melee troops. 2 squig hoppers. a stone troll (and a poor copy sculpt from some other company) a River troll A night Goblin Boss and Shaman. Also 2 wolves that I plan on using as mounts later on.
2018-04-23_03-48-59 by Kieran Me, on Flickr
The Leaders of the warband. A goblin boss and shaman mounted on their untrusty steeds. Love these minis.

2018-04-23_03-49-15 by Kieran Me, on Flickr

A snotling pump wagon with plenty of snotlings spare. When I played WFB with Orcs I had one of these and it ploughed into my brothers Chaos Warriors much to his disappointment causing many casualties. I loved that about the greenskins with the random chance things they had in the army. I also have fond memories of defeating his bloodthrister in single combat with my Black Orc boss armed with the frost blade. Anyway plenty of snotlings spare. I'll probably base these 4-6 on a 40mm round base.

2018-04-23_03-49-27 by Kieran Me, on Flickr

And lastly some chariots. I have 2 alternative armies ones, which I may not actually use and Grom's Chariot as well.

2018-04-23_03-49-44 by Kieran Me, on Flickr

What I want to finish this off (but need to wait for money to look better so I'm content working on these guys in the meantime)
A good bunch of Goblin Wolfriders from the 90's 5-10 of them.
A bunch of regular goblins from the same era as well.
At one point I had the old Marauder Giant but sold it off. But a giant in there would be cool as well. I have plenty of them handy though so may just use one of the current ones I have (Reaper hill giants)