Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2018, 01:18:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: VSF Canada!  (Read 445 times)

Offline Governor General

• scientist
VSF Canada!
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:30:58 PM »
The Loyal Toronto Constabulary Rifles. A militia unit pulled from the ranks of Toronto's Law Officers, these are from Station House 4. I'm a big fan of a Canadian TV show, The Murdoch Mysteries, set in Toronto at the turn of the 19th cen. I've been on a VSF kick and wanted to paint something different. While puttering about  lead mountain I recovered these figs. They are some of the oldest steampunk figs I own. The riflemen and officer w/the revolver are from RAFM. I ordered them, sight unseen from a paper catalog in the late 80s. Somewhere along the line I had started to paint them and never finished. In combination with the VSF mini with the Tesla pistol from Brigade Games and the Pulp Figure's expatriate mercenary with the anti-tank gun they punch out of their weight. In the Murdoch Mysteries the protagonist is constantly inventing and utilizing new tech so I thought it made sense to add him to the Canadian forces. The colour of the uniforms is loosely based on Canadian Rifle Militia from the 1860s-1880s.

Offline Red Orc

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
Re: VSF Canada!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 06:05:48 PM »
Nice work. I like them a lot.

I know nothing about the Murdoch Mysteries though, or whether the Loyal Toronto Constabulary Rifles are connected with the show. I want to know though!

What do you think you're going to be playing with these fellows? IHMN? GASLIGHT? Other things...?

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • galactic brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:40 PM »
Have only made it through about a season and a half, but MM are CHARMING!

However, I don't recall William ever being forced to resort to violence. 'Forensics adviser' would seem more his calling.

Love the unit, though!

Doug

Offline Chairface

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 01:52:39 PM »
I quite like these. Love the Murdoch Mysteries. There are some very good VSF episodes