Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: VSF Canada, New Fig!  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
VSF Canada, New Fig!
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:30:58 PM »
The Loyal Toronto Constabulary Rifles. A militia unit pulled from the ranks of Toronto's Law Officers, these are from Station House 4. I'm a big fan of a Canadian TV show, The Murdoch Mysteries, set in Toronto at the turn of the 19th cen. I've been on a VSF kick and wanted to paint something different. While puttering about  lead mountain I recovered these figs. They are some of the oldest steampunk figs I own. The riflemen and officer w/the revolver are from RAFM. I ordered them, sight unseen from a paper catalog in the late 80s. Somewhere along the line I had started to paint them and never finished. In combination with the VSF mini with the Tesla pistol from Brigade Games and the Pulp Figure's expatriate mercenary with the anti-tank gun they punch out of their weight. In the Murdoch Mysteries the protagonist is constantly inventing and utilizing new tech so I thought it made sense to add him to the Canadian forces. The colour of the uniforms is loosely based on Canadian Rifle Militia from the 1860s-1880s.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:39:50 PM by Governor General »

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
Re: VSF Canada!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 06:05:48 PM »
Nice work. I like them a lot.

I know nothing about the Murdoch Mysteries though, or whether the Loyal Toronto Constabulary Rifles are connected with the show. I want to know though!

What do you think you're going to be playing with these fellows? IHMN? GASLIGHT? Other things...?

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:40 PM »
Have only made it through about a season and a half, but MM are CHARMING!

However, I don't recall William ever being forced to resort to violence. 'Forensics adviser' would seem more his calling.

Love the unit, though!

Doug

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 01:52:39 PM »
I quite like these. Love the Murdoch Mysteries. There are some very good VSF episodes

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:38:33 PM »
Sgt. Crabtree, Loyal Toronto Constabulary Rifles. The Sgt. is armed with a gatling carbine of  Canadian manufacture and "Daisy" his rifle named after the Aunt who taught him to shoot. The fig is from Brigade Games Napoleonic line. The group shot shows the VSF element of the rifles, (L-R) Lt. Murdoch with a capacitor and Tesla pistol, Pvt. Jackson with the Contraption Killer rifle and Sgt. Crabtree.