Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:42:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bust up in Beaverlick Falls - A FFoL AAR  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Bust up in Beaverlick Falls - A FFoL AAR
« on: April 29, 2018, 12:24:53 PM »
Beaverlick Falls got its debut game yesterday when a group of UK LAFers got together for some FFoL fun and games, as I'd not built as many buildings as planned, the town was bolstered by some of Ramirez Noname's excellent scratchbuilt buildings.

Rules were the excellent Fistful of Lead and the scenario was a four player game with each player given their objective in secret.

The Ranch Hands - starting at the west end Main Street. It's been a long hard week so all you want to do is have a beer and let off some steam in the saloon at the east end of Main Street.  Objective; each figure must spend a whole turn doing nothing in the saloon

The Cavalry Troopers - starting at  the east end of Main Street.  You've just returned from a long patrol fighting Indians and all you want is some female company.  Objective: each figure must spend a whole turn 'doing nothing' in the brothel at the west end of town and live to return back to the fort.

The Claim Jumpers - starting on the NE corner of the table.  You've gotten details of a sliver deposit found by some local miners and you plan to register a claim to the land before they can.  Objective: one of you figures must spend a whole turn doing nothing in the Land Registry in the centre of town.

The Miners - starting on the SW corner of the table.  You've found a sliver deposit in the local foothills and you need to register a claim to the land before any unscrupulous claim jumpers can beat you to it.  Objective: one of you figures must spend a whole turn doing nothing in the Land Registry in the centre of town.

Turn one passed uneventfully as each player moved towards their destination.

Turn 2 and a vicious firefight erupted when the Miners opened fire on the Ranch Hands as they tried to settle a feud (The player with the Miners was out for revenge on the player with the Ranch Hands who had soundly beaten him in another game earlier in the day)  lol

At this point I was concentrating on running the game, not taking photos, so here's a brief narrative of events.

The Miners and Ranch hands continued to ignore their objectives and duel it out at the western end of town, although one of the miners was making progress to the land registry.
Meanwhile the Cavalry and the Claim Jumpers made steady progress towards their intended locations.

As the lead flew thick and fast and Miners and Ranch Hands ducked for cover, one of the Miners arrived at the Land Registry only to find the door locked with a note saying "Gone to the store for ink, back shortly" so he withdrew to the rear of the buildings.

By now the Claim Jumpers had broken cover from the north side of town and were heading towards the Land Registry as the Cavalry made good progress toward the Brothel.

Seeing the carnage and lawlessness, the Cavalry sergeant felt obligated to intervene and cracked off a few shots from his carbine

As the firefight continued, with an increasing bodycount of Miners and Ranchers, the Claim Jumpers arrived at the closed Land Registry and decided to shoot the lock out and wait inside for the return of the clerk. The cavalry were now sampling the delights of Madame Bellendita's Beaverlick Brothel.

By the closing stages of the game the clerk had returned to his office (against his better judgement) and processed the Claim Jumpers claim, legitimising their ownership of the land with the silver deposit. (Objective completed).  It was at this point the cavalry started to leave the brothel and the most dramatic shootout of the game too place.

The first two troopers out decided that they should open fire on one of the two remaining Ranchers, 'Slippery Steve', a decision that they would ultimately regret. During the following turn more troopers turned out of the brothel until Steve was facing 4, he held his nerve (holding onto a 2 card that would allow him 4 shots, providing he lived to use it).  All the troopers fired and missed and so Steve calmly shot back . . .

He killed 3 and wounded the fourth, and then dodged a final bullet as the last remaining Miner tried to shoot him in the back.

At this point we stopped the game and as the Claim Jumpers player (LAF's very own Captain Blood) was the only one to have met his objective we deemed him to be the winner.

A very enjoyable game from my perspective, the Fistful of Lead rules proved themselves again and the cinematic shootout at the end caused much amusement for all involved.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:28:07 PM by Dr De'Ath »
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Bust up in Beaverlick Falls - A FFoL AAR
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
Splendid show  :D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 12:34:09 PM »
Judging by the whooping and heightened levels of excitement coming from Silent Invader I think your game was a rootin tootin success ;) lol

It looked fabulous as well :-*
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 12:35:44 PM »
Great looking game  :)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 12:42:26 PM »
It was hugely enjoyable, thank you Dr De'Ath for a fun scenario on a great table.

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 01:40:12 PM »
It was hugely enjoyable, thank you Dr De'Ath for a fun scenario on a great table.

Ditto - although I do believe I must have been using Captain Blood's dice for the final shoot out with Slippery Steve!

Thank goodness for the bullet-proof Brothel to hide in.

RMZ

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
Judging by the whooping and heightened levels of excitement coming from Silent Invader I think your game was a rootin tootin success ;) lol

It looked fabulous as well :-*

lol

It was fabulous!

Though I would reiterate that all the ranch hands wanted was a quiet, cool beer.  Those uppity miners  were the start of the trouble, by shooting ‘The Boy’ Jim.  :'(
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 05:18:43 PM »
Great game and splendid scenery.  Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 05:20:11 PM »
It sure was!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 01:47:25 AM »
Again, posting a town thread because I need my fix and no one else is quite fulfilling the bill. 

I know, I know, get myself busy and work on my own town!  Right.  See how fast you move through tens of thousands of figures backlogged around the homestead and then tell me to get on with it.  Well, frankly, me, get on with it!  (if only I had the time and the energy - no problems with the inclination)  Perchance soon.  I really want to get the courthouse finished and posted -  it will be cool, especially the name!

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 08:22:48 PM »
How'd I miss this one?! Great looking game.