Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KS) Crooked Dice: Children of the Fields  (Read 5202 times)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
(KS) Crooked Dice: Children of the Fields
« on: April 30, 2018, 01:41:31 PM »

May Day! May Day! May Day! May Day! A date for your diary, as we launch our first Kickstarter. Come and check out our campaign and help fund a new range of folk horror miniatures and rules for 7TV.

On 1st May, we'll be launching our first Kickstarter campaign! It will run for two weeks and aims to fund the production of over 20 miniatures and a new PDF Programme Guide and deck of profile cards for a folk horror cast - the Children of the Fields.

Children of the Fields has been an idea since 1st edition 7TV - based on one of Helena Nash's wonderful TV listings in the first rulebook. Inspired by many influences from the darker side of 70s children's television and fiction, this folk horror programme guide draws on the spirit of Summerisle, Devil's End, Mileaway, Milbury and many more to help create the village of Winterly and it's bizarre inhabitants. The miniatures have been brought to life by the talents of Ernst Veingart, Steve Saleh, Andrew May and Iain Colwell. If the campaign is successful it will unlock even more miniatures including two large resin creatures.

BUT... we need your help to spread the word. Feel free to froth manically about Crooked Dice to anyone who will listen. We recommend bus stops, post office queues and doctor's waiting rooms, as people rarely run away.

So stayed tuned to Facebook https://www.facebook.com/crookeddice/ and the Kickstarter platform for more news and meanwhile, warn all your fiends that the Crow King is on the march…
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: (KS) Crooked Dice: Children of the Fields
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 04:19:45 PM »
Nice selection of weirdness.

Good luck with the Kickstarter.

Offline olyreed

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 04:36:25 PM »
Plenty good stuff, will be keeping an eye on Kickstarter tomorrow, will there be an all in option?

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:39:50 PM »
Plenty good stuff, will be keeping an eye on Kickstarter tomorrow, will there be an all in option?

Cheers! Yep there’s an all-in deal that gets a hefty discount and includes all the stretch goals.

Offline bergschotten

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 08:31:07 PM »
I am excited

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 10:12:36 AM »

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »
Our first Kickstarter campaign is live! We hope to fund a new folk horror cast with 20+ models in the core pledges. Plus there’s a new Programme Guide, profile cards and some new Arcana cards to work with the diabolic magicks of the strange inhabitants of the village of Winterly. Check them all out over on the Kickstarter site.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1039850061/children-of-the-fields-folk-horror-28mm-miniatures

There are a number of pledge levels to suit your budget plus an Add-On option where you can pledge a £1 and just pick out the sets you like. We hope the campaign will be successful and unlock the funds to produce lots more models. If all stretch goals are unlocked then we have over twenty more available to put into production. So help us spread the word and tell all your gamers, mini painters and collectors that the Crow King is on the march…

Offline Harwood Hobbies

• Scientist
    • Harwood Hobbies
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 08:35:03 PM »
Awesome!  I backed it for the baddies.   ;)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 10:26:48 PM »
Awesome!  I backed it for the baddies.   ;)

Thank you! We’ve already unlocked a couple of stretch goals!

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 09:28:25 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has backed so far, it's been a great start that has already unlocked three stretch goals

The first stretch goal is unlocked, so you can add a print version of the Children of the Fields Programme Guide to your pledges. It’s 40 pages of background, profiles, tactics, episodes and some stunning photography by Kev Dallimore - all for £7.

All the campaign stretch goals are Add-Ons, which work out cheaper than the final retail price. So simply add the value to your pledge and we will figure out what items you want in the pledge manager when the campaign ends.

This stretch and all the rest are free in the ‘To the Manor Born’ Pledge. I’ve shown some of the stretch goals, but there are more to come if things go mad (about 20 more figures in total), so pledging big gets you a hefty discount, plus also helps nudge the total to unlock more stuff.

You’ve also unlocked the second stretch goal - the Murder of Crows. Eight flapping and pecking little bleeders to do the Crow King’s bidding. Just add £6 to your pledge to get them.

The third stretch goal was unlocked overnight - the shambling servants of the Black Goat - the Husks…You can now add these five zombies to your pledge for £12 and help unlock the towering Strawman at 8K.

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »
*looks around* There's a Modern board, huh, so this is where the topic from Horror went...

Having crunched the numbers, I'll likely sit out the campaign and wait for the [awesome] figures to arrive at the US stockists.  I'll take a closer look when it gets down to the end, but it looks like shipping costs over here could run higher than the KS discounts.

Hope it does really well though!

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 06:26:04 PM »
*looks around* There's a Modern board, huh, so this is where the topic from Horror went...

Having crunched the numbers, I'll likely sit out the campaign and wait for the [awesome] figures to arrive at the US stockists.  I'll take a closer look when it gets down to the end, but it looks like shipping costs over here could run higher than the KS discounts.

Hope it does really well though!

Sorry! 7TV crosses so many genres, it’s always a struggle to know the best place to post!

Thanks for the interest, it’s going really well - honestly surprised!

Shipping a big lump of lead overseas is never cheap I’m afraid. If it helps, then if you pledge the all-in ‘To the Manor Born’, then you’ll get all the stretch goals for free. If we unlock them all then it’s a around a £65 saving off the RRP.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 06:37:39 PM by uti long smile »

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »
NEW STRETCH GOAL UNLOCKED+++
Well you’ve only gone and done it! The first of the large resin models - the Strawman - has been unlocked. I love this one. Sculpted by Andrew May, he stands 85mm tall. Special thanks to Andrew Taylor for the wonderful paint job on the display model too.

So you can now add the Strawman to your pledges for £13 - or it’s free with any ‘To the Manor Born’ pledges.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1039850061/children-of-the-fields-folk-horror-28mm-miniatures/description

The next stretch goal is a big one - £10,000! So who wants to be Queen of the May?

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 07:13:31 PM »
Shipping a big lump of lead overseas is never cheap I’m afraid. If it helps, then if you pledge the all-in ‘To the Manor Born’, then you’ll get all the stretch goals for free. If we unlock them all then it’s a around a £65 saving off the RRP.

I've clicked the 'Remind Me' option, so I'll be sure to check in during the final 48 hours ^,^

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »
Any plans for alternative riders for the hunt in the future?