Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KS) Crooked Dice: Children of the Fields  (Read 5203 times)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
Re: (KS) Crooked Dice: Children of the Fields
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »
Any plans for alternative riders for the hunt in the future?

There is a third rider, as yet unpainted that will be in the basic three Hunstmen pack.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »
Ok, cheers.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »
We’ve unlocked another stretch goal in our Children of the Fields Kickstarter

The May Queens are now available to be added to pledges for £12 – or free to all ‘Manor Born’ pledges. We’ll keep you updated on progress of the sculpts in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve also updated the goal levels for the next three stretches. Hopefully we can build on the cracking start to the campaign and work toward these over the weekend.

Traditionally Kickstarters go a bit quiet mid-campaign, so this is where we need your help to share posts, tell all your friends and generally make a nuisance of yourself frothing to strangers about Crooked Dice!

If we do really well, then I’ll share the next stretch goals images… who wants to see a Hobby Horse and Strawbear… or maybe even Lady Winterly riding her driftwood steed?

But meanwhile, we have the the Brood to unlock at £13k. Sculpted by Iain Colwell and painted here for display by Simon Bradley. Go get ‘em!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »
Very nice. My favourites are the mast beasts and the goats especially the big guy.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »
Those are scary.

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 12:09:03 AM »
Sorry! 7TV crosses so many genres, it’s always a struggle to know the best place to post!

Another 'Huh' moment: Spy-Fi being tucked over here in Moderns would explain the dearth of 7TV topics in Pulp then.. huh.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 05:38:39 PM »
Spy-Fi is pretty much symptomatic to 'Cold War', while the popular image of pulp tends towards the Pre-TV era. That aside the policy here has always been that the poster is usually the best person to decide where something should go. The Mods move stuff that is way off-base to where it truly belongs and delete identical topics, otherwise not much is set in stone here.

Modern Horror has no place of its own really and given the flexible nature of many of the miniatures, the 'Moderns Board' is as good a place as any I think.

I'm always happy to see CD releases here at least.  :)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 01:46:09 PM »
Modern Horror has no place of its own really and given the flexible nature of many of the miniatures, the 'Moderns Board' is as good a place as any I think.

I'm always happy to see CD releases here at least.  :)

Cheers! I struggled with this one too - but the Spy-Fi seemed the best fit in the end!

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 05:46:20 PM »
Cheers! I struggled with this one too - but the Spy-Fi seemed the best fit in the end!

Well, thanks to the thread in Horror getting locked and pointed over here, I discovered that there are some entertaining topics over here in Cold Wars after all! ~,^

Not being generally interested in historical Cold War gaming, I hadn't ever come poking around this board before.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2018, 09:53:07 AM »
We are into the last four days of the campaign. Check out progress and the latest stretch goals here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1039850061/children-of-the-fields-folk-horror-28mm-miniatures

The Brood were unlocked last night and we have a freebie at 15k - more Attack Dogs

...but the nice big release will be the Goat-Kin.

I have a soft spot for these monstrous cloven creatures… probably all those years at Devil's End. Wonderfully weird sculpts by Ernst Veingart. The Goat-Kin serve the Black Goat (also pictured), one of two factions in the Children of the Fields programme guide.

The four Goat-Kin will come free with any Manor Born pledges or can be added on to any existing smaller pledges for £12 (RRP £15).

If things go mad in the last 24 hours, then we might even unlock a few other goodies!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2018, 12:14:18 PM »
Good luck.

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 07:19:23 PM »
Last 48hrs. 16k reached. Next stop the Black Goat!

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »
The Goat-Kin have been unlocked and we are making good progress toward the Black Goat. No idea if we will meet anything after that - but here's a sneak peek of some speculative stretch goals just in case!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 09:43:36 AM »
I was wondering when Little Lord Winterly would appear.  :)

I imagine the list is pretty endless, but I'm surprised no Molly Dancers have made an appearance. They would be the perfect companions for the Mummers, or even 'wives' for the Hurdy Gurdy Man. Then there are some evil-looking 'vertically-challenged' henchman (a la Simba, Tiktik & Pebbil) that might be an option.

I'm sure the 7TV rendition of all of these would be suitably weird.  :)

Congratulations on the KS btw!

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 10:33:41 PM »
Cheers! Less than 24 hours to go now...