Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689622
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley Escape from Ormuz Battle Report  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Bessy

• Scientist
  • Namaste Mofo
Pulp Alley Escape from Ormuz Battle Report
« on: May 01, 2018, 01:34:20 AM »
Pulp Alley: The Escape from Ormuz

On an isolated island the stage is set as the heroic Phantom Ace, Gauge and Rutherford attempt the daring rescue of Professor Cerny.

But not all who rescue are wholesome- The Raven and her fierce squadron of Sky Pirates have their sights set on the professor and nothing, not even Phantom Ace or the fortress' sentries, will deter them from getting their man.

The Raven squadron penetrate the fortress and take up residence in an empty building- waiting and watching. Phantom Ace has a tendancy to rush in gun blazing. The perfect cover while they search for the imprisoned Cerny.

Like clockwork Phantom Ace steps out of the shadows and is immediately spotted, the alarm is raised. "Hey, hey I'm Phantom Ace!" He declares his two guns blasting

With a sigh, sure that Ace has everything under control, Gauge slides out of the shadows towards some papers left behind. She was sure these plans were going to come in very handy.

Rutherford wastes no time in joining Ace as the sentries come flooding in from all directions.

Now that Phantom Ace has everyone's attention, finding the professor should be easy-peasy. The squad moves out, Raven spots Speck sitting in the shadows, but despite the tasty treat she offers the pooch. Speck has a very discerning palate and the dog remains weary of her.

Phantom Ace never let a little fire fight get in his way, and he wasn't going to pass up the chance to snag the strange looking key that was lying on some boxes.

A slightly disoriented Cerny stumbles out of nowhere, "I say," he murmured as a hail of bullets whizzed passed his head. He adjusted his glasses and squinted around into the darkness.

Rutherford rushes forward, and drags the Professor out of the line of fire.

Just as the Raven is sweet talking Speck into joining her in the search for the Professor, a rampaging sentry comes barreling towards her hatchets swinging.

Infuriated by her failure to gain Speck, Raven wastes no time in jumping into the heat of battle. She has her eye on taking down that damned Phantom Ace.

Twenty-two see's her chance take on the infamous Phantom Ace, she was going to take him down for her leader! Victoriously, she knocks Phantom Ace flat on his back!

Rutherford yells for Phantom Ace to get up, but he only feebly stirs, Rutherford shoots at the femme fatale standing over Ace.

The bodies are piling up as the Raven Squadron clashes with the dedicated Sentries.

Gauge runs interference for Rutherford as he carts the Professor through the fight trying desperately to keep him safe. Where is that dratted Phantom Ace when you need him?

Have no fear, Phantom Ace is here to save the day!! With uneering skill he takes down the sneaking baddie and joins his team for the final showdown.

Guage, ever the scrapper, faced down two sentries, she wasn't about to let them get passed her!

Oh no! Gauge goes down!! But Ace takes her place ready for the action.

Phantom Ace didn't go down without a fight, and has the satisfaction of taking his opponents down with him.

In the final moments Rutherford stands firm, outlasting the tenacious sentry and saving Cerny!!

The good guys take the day and the Professor. Big thanks to David and Garrett for playing such a fun game!!

And to our ultra cool spectator Brian.

Thanks for reading along, and keep playing Pulp Alley!

Bessy
Level 4 Judge

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: Pulp Alley Escape from Ormuz Battle Report
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »
Great story Bessy! David and Garret look like they are thinking pretty hard in that photo- must have been an intense moment. :D

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 02:13:39 AM »
Wonderful post Bessy. Is there a video for this scenario?
A.Nik-

Offline Bessy

• Scientist
  • Namaste Mofo
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
Wonderful post Bessy. Is there a video for this scenario?

Thanks for reading it!
No we didn’t record the game just took pictures but we will be tonight so keep a look out for that!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:23:19 PM by Bessy »

Offline whomever1

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 06:54:13 AM »
  I think I prefer AARs like this rather than the videos. The focus is more on the minis and setting than the players.

Offline Andy in Germany

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »
  I think I prefer AARs like this rather than the videos. The focus is more on the minis and setting than the players.

I see the point, but it really helps someone new to the genre (ie:me) to understand what the rules are talking about.

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 05:01:47 AM »
I see the point, but it really helps someone new to the genre (ie:me) to understand what the rules are talking about.

Yes I agree. It is quick and easy to scroll through a report like this and really enjoy it but I learn more from watching the videos. I like playing the vids when I'm painting and working on terrain. It seems like there hasn't been a new one in a couple weeks so I hope they make some more.

Offline Bessy

• Scientist
  • Namaste Mofo
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 02:20:16 AM »
I can very honestly say that the videos have done wonders for me as far as pulp alley rules and stuff are concerned. I have a much better sense and feel for the pacing of the game than I did before we started making the videos. But I do enjoy writing and reading battle reports.