Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) Dinoproof - Nearly extinct!  (Read 3213 times)

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
(Commercial) Dinoproof - Nearly extinct!
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:17:02 PM »
For those of you who like your post-apocalypse to feature rampaging dinosaurs, you might be interested that we are nearly sold out of copies of DInoproof, and as such, we've reduced the price for the final few copies.

We aren't planning to do a second print run, so grab it while you can from our shop:

You can find out more about Dinoproof into Wargames Illustrated 350

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 03:23:57 PM by Dr Mathias »

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: Dinoproof - Nearly extinct!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »
Never heard of this before, but looks like fun, so I've ordered a copy.

I have a load of dinosaurs from an old set of rules for Victorians hunting dinosaurs(*), so it'll be nice to make some of them (if I can remember where I put them in the loft ???)

(*) possibly Saurian Safari, although I haven't stumbled across the rules in years (they're probably in the loft as well)

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 12:49:09 PM »
Never heard of this before, but looks like fun, so I've ordered a copy.

I have a load of dinosaurs from an old set of rules for Victorians hunting dinosaurs(*), so it'll be nice to make some of them (if I can remember where I put them in the loft ???)

(*) possibly Saurian Safari, although I haven't stumbled across the rules in years (they're probably in the loft as well)

Awesome. Thanks for the purchase and hope you enjoy the game. We'd love to see some pics of your minis and games too :)

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:45:27 PM »
Just posting to encourage those who have not bought a copy: Dinoproof is a very neat game that you will kick yourself for not buying when it no longer roams the Earth!

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
can we have a link that's not facebook please?

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 08:22:58 AM »
Oops thought I'd put a direct link to the page.

Thanks Manchu for the link post and the kind words. Glad you're enjoying the game.

We also have Resources page with new scenarios, dinosaur profiles, tokens and character sheets too.

http://goodgamedesigns.co.uk/dinoproof-resources/4592321732

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 08:05:20 PM »
Have you thought about putting the pdf onto somewhere like wargame vault and selling it there, rather than shut the whole thing down? There are also places like lulu for on demand printing, which means you wouldn't need to keep stock or pay for print runs.

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 07:29:45 AM »
Have you thought about putting the pdf onto somewhere like wargame vault and selling it there, rather than shut the whole thing down? There are also places like lulu for on demand printing, which means you wouldn't need to keep stock or pay for print runs.

It is something I'd like to look into once I've sold the last of the current print run, but guarantee when or who with, or the price of a PoD copy. I have bought several books through DrivethruRPG and always been impressed with the quality, so it's certainly an option.

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 01:31:46 AM »
Thank you for the heads up - been on my to-buy list for ages and much prefer a nice printed copy compared to PDF. Purchased!

My Blog: http://returntologansworld.blogspot.com.au/
Empire of the Dead, Strange Aeons, Old-School Fantasy and Rogue Trader, 15mm ATZ

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 10:42:33 AM »
Thank you for the order. All orders have gone out today. It is a bank holiday here in the UK, but I don't think that will give much of a delay. Hope you enjoy it, please keep us posted with your games.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Re: (Commercial) Dinoproof - Nearly extinct!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 03:29:10 PM »
I ordered a copy. I've run Saurian Safari quite a few times over the years, so I might as well check this one out.

A friend of mine has been talking about running the 2OOO AD comic 'Flesh' as a miniatures game for a while now too, this will probably work for that.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Online nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 08:02:07 PM »
I bought these rules. While I await them in the post, I have a question about how many dinosaurs and what sort  I actually need to have available for a game?

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2018, 01:33:46 PM »
I bought these rules. While I await them in the post, I have a question about how many dinosaurs and what sort  I actually need to have available for a game?

Hi Nozza. Here's a list of the dinosaurs that you can battle against:

Ankylosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Compsognathus
Dimetrodon
Dilophosaurus
Gorgosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Pterodactyl
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Velociraptor

And on our website there's free rules for Quetzalcoatlus

You build a Dino Pool with points so you can spread them around for whatever dino minis you actually have.

A good starting point for dino minis is if you're in the UK, check out B&Ms discount shops. They have a tub of dinos for about £3 which will give you plenty of the smaller breeds while they have a big box of dinos for about £5 which will give you the bigger ones (as well as some trees which I've found paint up nicely).

Online nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 10:52:52 AM »
Thanks for replying. I've got a couple of those dinosaurs already, but I will check out B&M, Home Bargains, The Range etc.

Are the dinosaur models you use in scale with each other?