Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [commercial] Khurasan releases 15mm Ottoman Turks  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
[commercial] Khurasan releases 15mm Ottoman Turks
« on: May 03, 2018, 03:09:55 PM »
We've just released a range of Ottoman Turks for the 15th-17th centuries.  The range contains cavalry, infantry, artillery and command.  While it was made as part of our Late 16th Century range, for the "Long Turkish War" at the end of the 16th century, the conservatism of Ottoman dress and equipment means that the figures are perfectly suitable for at least one hundred years before and after.  There are too many codes to show in this post so below are just two samples.  Available now:
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/ottoman.html

Janissary archers:

High command (first two figures are a sub-general and his standardbearer, the rest being the Sublime Porte):
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
Re: [commercial] Khurasan releases 15mm Ottoman Turks
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »
These look great as the entire range for the Late 16th Century range. One question, are these the same size as the Spanish, English and Landsknechts. I assume so but just want to make sure.

Thanks and look forward to the Dutch.
William

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »
They (and those on the site) look terrific. Haven't had a chance to paint my Spanish and English yet but once those are done these will definitely be on the list. These ranges just keep getting better and better.

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 08:18:46 PM »
Thanks guys, yes these are the same size as the Spanish and English and Germans.

More Germans are coming -- I have them and will release them once they are painted.  I have eastern troops as well for the Imperial armies -- Hungarian hussars, both light and heavy, and grenzers.  Also the German Karabins will be released, once again, once painted.

The Dutch are ready but I was getting more inquiries about when the Ottomans were going to be released. 

The French later WoR is made as well, and most of the codes are painted.  I am mulling over doing a two-stage release for those.  Stage 1 will be everything but the French Cuirassiers (both with and without cassock -- in the later war the cuirassiers seemed to have dropped their famous white cassocks), the high command and the arquebusiers a cheval.  Then when that stuff just listed is ready and painted, it will be released.

Believe it or not, we've just finished making the Swedish infantry for the late 16th century!  With the invaluable assistance of Daniel Staberg.  They are extremely unique for this period in terms of dress, a very tough army dressed in mostly peasant clothing (at least the foot).

And we are going to keep going as well, after the Swedes.  Muscovites, Poles and Safavid Persians are all planned.  And we won't stop there.  :-)

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 04:45:34 AM »
That is fantastic news. Keep going!!!!!

William

Offline delbruck

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 08:16:30 PM »
Those are really great looking figures.

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 08:39:21 AM »
I so wish you had a UK or EU distributor...

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 10:08:30 AM »

I've ordered from Khurusan to the UK - no problems at all. Ok the postage cost is what it is from there to here, and I got the custom charge at this end from HMRC, but for the volume of figures I ordered at the time and the quality of them, definitely worth it.

Only, finally, just started painting an order I got in in January (various from the C16th range) and they really are terrific figures.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:28:07 AM by TheBlackCrane »

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 10:11:55 AM »

I've order to the UK too without any problems and the figures are certainly worth the postage costs
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 06:07:59 PM »
This is veeery good news! Cheers!!!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 06:08:37 AM »
I have ordered lots of times from Khursan to Denmark and never had a problem, he is quick to ship and all the orders have been accurate.
William