Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:14:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690629
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Imitation Tonkin FFL  (Read 2110 times)

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
Imitation Tonkin FFL
« on: October 02, 2018, 02:39:29 AM »
Using my Boxer Rebellion collection as a springboard to some games set during the Sino-French War.  I’m using French Marines from Old Glory’s Boxer Rebellion line.  I’m not much interested in converting figures so the only thing I’ve done is gently scrape the anchor emblem off the front of the sun helmet.  I know there are specific minis available for the conflict but they’re larger than I’m comfortable mixing with the OG, Foundry, Redoubt and Pulp figures that comprise my Boxer and Western Powers armies.  They’re also more expensive and since retiring I’ve reduced my hobby spending. A few photos at the link below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21667793@N06/shares/hz0RX9
Hail to the King, baby.

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Re: Imitation Tonkin FFL
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 08:00:53 AM »
Very nice looking figures,you could mix in a couple of Artisan legionaires packs although the pouches on their equipment are much latter
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:29:07 AM by Shipka »

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 08:44:11 AM »
Predictive text?

Very nice looking figures,you could mix in a couple of Artisan legislatures packs although the pouches on their equipment are much latter
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 04:03:08 PM »
The Artizan figures are very nice but the samples I bought were too big for my tastes, a problem I’m running into more and more. 

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »
Yes if your trying to incorporate with OG as their Boxer Rebellion was an early range of theirs ...28mm like all other scales has suffered creep

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 08:09:40 PM »
The Artizan figures are very nice but the samples I bought were too big for my tastes, a problem I’m running into more and more.

Hi RagBone, it's interesting to me !

The new Gringos40 range is very interesting but the minies are really big and couldn't match with Foundry/Redoubt/Castaway Art etc ...

But you tell that Artizan is too big, so maybe we could mix the Artizan french legionnaire / marines with the Gringos40 ones !?

Could you measure the Artizan minies , so i could compare with my Gringos40 before buy Artizan french ?

Offline ragbones

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 08:15:12 PM »
I’m sorry, Byblos, I wish I could measure the Artizan figures for you but I gave them away since I had no use for them.

Offline Siaba

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 08:18:09 PM »
I have some figures from this range and, for me, they mix well with Foundry and the like. I wouldn't try to mix them with Gringo 40 miniatures as I think the latter are too big.
"The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he was really evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have stayed there ... in peace. War will make corpses of us all."

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 08:23:51 PM »
Thanks Siaba  ;)

So the Gringos40 will really be difficult to use  :'(

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 12:54:03 AM »
Byblos, I have figures from Steve Barber Models that mix well with the Black Flags, Legtonaires, French Auxiliaries.etc, if one tries to scale them to Foundry and Old Glory they are large.....

I have not seen the Artisan figures up close so can't comment ,