Forum > The Second World War

Thoughts on Blood Red Skies

(1/4) > >>

pixelgeek:
We played some introductory games of Blood Red Skies today and I posted some thoughts on my blog

https://zacgaming.wordpress.com/2018/05/05/blood-red-skies-first-experience/

Lowtardog:
A very good review, I was surprised at how tactical it was after reading through the simple rules however it will take some mastering tactically

assi:
I have to admit I am quite enjoying painting their planes:

SteveBurt:
We just tried the rules for the first time last night, using the (free) basic rules + scenario 1.
I used my existing 1:600 planes, with altitude showing advantage (my stands let you put the planes at 6 altitude levels by swapping the little tubes that planes + stands plug in to).
We had 6 planes a side, 6 spitfires vs 6 me109s. 1 ace, 1 veteran, 2 normal, and 2 rookie pilots per side. Game played in about 90 minutes.
Good fun, and requires much more thought that expected after reading the rules. It's one of those sets of rules that plays much better than it reads.
We've used Bag the Hun a lot before, and that's also very good, but BRS does play much faster.

Kommando_J:
I hear consistently that the game is fun, have also heard behind the scenes that warlord arent getting the returns they had hoped for on it though, they put in a lot more than usual and it hasn't fully paid off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version