Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: PSC Valentine Mk.III (15mm)  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
PSC Valentine Mk.III (15mm)
« on: May 06, 2018, 07:05:38 AM »

This is the 15mm (1/100) Valentine Mk.III from the Plastic Soldier Company.

I may have gone a little bit overboard with the weathering I think. The vehicles in the desert took quite a hammering from the environment, but in this case I might have got a bit carried away. Ah well.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: PSC Valentine Mk.III (15mm)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:36:52 AM »
Beautiful work. I agree vehicles did take a hammering in the desert. Repair crews had a hard enough task just keeping them going. 
No time for repainting. In the book 'El Alamain to Zem Zem' , the story of an actual British tank commander, and a very good read, (especially the bit where his tank column join & travel parallel with a convoy of what they expect, i.e. British trucks, only to realise it is a German convoy of captured British trucks) He a one point has to report to the depot, when his tank is knocked out, to get a replacement. His 'new' tank still has blood & gore from the previous crew in it! No time, or spare water, to do anything about it.

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 08:19:31 AM »
That is very nice, I wish my 28mm ones were half as good.

Offline Oldgamer

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »
Very nice work indeed, l think the weathering is spot on, l am just about to start work on a Warlord model and if that comes out half as good as yours l will be happy.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
I like it, weathering and all, it looks great.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Fitz

• Mad Scientist
    • The Website of Fitz
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:32:58 PM »

The PSC 15mm (1/100) Valentine sprue includes parts to make alternate turrets for the Mk.II, Mk.III, or Mk.IX versions of the tank. These two images show the turrets for the Mk.II (above) and the Mk.IX (below) on the hull I finished yesterday.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 12:25:28 AM »
It's weird, I love the Valentine , but when you look at it objectively it is a typically British f*** up of a tank design.  lol

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 12:43:34 AM »
Yeah, the Brits made some fantastic aeroplanes, but some of the tanks were a bit rubbish. Got there in the end, though. The doughty Centurion had a long and varied career (not quite over yet, I'm told).

I remember making a 1/72 or 1/76 (I can never remember quite which is which) Valentine as a kid, so this brings back some happy memories of being covered in glue and paint.  Nice.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Etranger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 03:26:12 AM »
It's weird, I love the Valentine , but when you look at it objectively it is a typically British f*** up of a tank design.  lol

But served until 1945, so it must have had something going for it, reliability for one, which can't be said for too many other WWII era British (or German!) tank designs.

"It's only a flesh wound...."

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 03:19:19 PM »
I saw an article which interviewed a WW2 Russian tank crewman. He praised the Valentine. When they came across a dug in Tiger tank, which was able to take out the units T34s, it was a lease lend Valentine, with its lower profile, that was able to sneak around behind the Tiger & dispatch it.