Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686445
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rorke's Drift (Miltiades rules)  (Read 3402 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Rorke's Drift (Miltiades rules)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »
...when he finally decided to consolidate, falling back to the "Fort" it was too late...
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 06:16:33 PM »
The last stand. when the British lost over 48 figures, we decided to call it a Zulu victory.
The Zulus lost 100+ figures, but were far from 140, this number giving victory to the British.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 07:46:05 PM »
Bravo! An old favourite here, this one. We've seen it many times, but we never get tired of seeing it again.

Situated as I am, here in the Welsh Borders, not too far away from Brecon; they'll probably skin me alive for saying so, but it's nice to see the Zulus win once in a while.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »
Really looks good!  Richard

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »
Bravo! An old favourite here, this one. We've seen it many times, but we never get tired of seeing it again.

Situated as I am, here in the Welsh Borders, not too far away from Brecon; they'll probably skin me alive for saying so, but it's nice to see the Zulus win once in a while.  :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you won't have to walk around wearing dark glasses and a false beard after all what you said  lol
We have played this scenario at least five more times and I have taken both parts. The result was never the same.
Two oddities happened in this game:
The scenario provides that on the hills, out of the table, Zulus with rifles are sniping at the British.
They throw 4 D10 each round and on a "0" the British has one casualty.
In every scenario the British could count at least five to seven casualties, in this one they lost only one.
Second, after the hospital being set on fire, the British have some casualties from the soldiers and the sick and wounded defending it. In this game, all escaped safe, but some wounded were hacked down by Zulus that broke the perimeter while trying to walk for refuge from the hospital to the storehouse.
We saw one different game one more time and I think we'll be coming back to play it again!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »
Really looks good!  Richard

Thanks Richard! The biggest effort belongs to Miltiades who provided all the stuff and is the author of the rules.

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 08:47:06 PM »
I had a feeling that would happen.  ;)  Simply superb AAR and photos, Din! And it is fun to see the Zulus win sometimes. In fact, seeing all this tempts me to do such a project myself, and I really, really don't need that just now. Many thanks for the report and pics!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 08:50:25 PM »
I had a feeling that would happen.  ;)  Simply superb AAR and photos, Din! And it is fun to see the Zulus win sometimes. In fact, seeing all this tempts me to do such a project myself, and I really, really don't need that just now. Many thanks for the report and pics!

You're welcome! Thanks for your kind words! Glad you're tempted for such a project, scenarios such as this have given us hours of enjoyment!

Offline miltiades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 05:56:46 AM »
Hi guys... Dinos you posted too many pics but you missed this one here ... it's nice to see us fighting on the same side... lol

Offline Guldor

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 09:47:35 AM »
My wonderful boys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 09:52:13 AM »
My wonderful boys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

He he! Next time, you'll try the British!

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »
Great fun to have pictures behind the names!  :)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2018, 05:34:21 PM »
Great fun to have pictures behind the names!  :)

...and useful to tag names behind the pictures!  lol

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »
Hi guys... Dinos you posted too many pics but you missed this one here ... it's nice to see us fighting on the same side... lol

Ha ha... Yes, I took many pictures but this one is taken by Nick, we thank him for coming to play.
I have also to thank you, you have all the stuff needed for playing a good colonial game, figures and all.

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 09:47:28 PM »
Great game!
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!