Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Best Color for French Infantry Justacorps in FIW?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline coopman827

• Assistant
Best Color for French Infantry Justacorps in FIW?
« on: May 27, 2018, 02:24:48 PM »
Most pics. in books show them to be white or a grayish off-white color.  However, pics of modern day reenactors tend to show them in coats that are of an unbleached wool, grayish white, or bleached sand sort of color.  The Coat d'arms unbleached wool paint has a touch of green in it, kind of a light khaki shade.  What color did you use for your French inf. coats?  Thanks for any input.
Clay           

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
Re: Best Color for French Infantry Justacorps in FIW?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 08:04:05 PM »
I tend to reach for the bottle of Light Aircraft Grey, and with highlights of White and Panzer Interior Buff (a very light tan).

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Best Color for French Infantry Justacorps in FIW?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 08:17:13 PM »
Most pics. in books show them to be white or a grayish off-white color.  However, pics of modern day reenactors tend to show them in coats that are of an unbleached wool, grayish white, or bleached sand sort of color.  The Coat d'arms unbleached wool paint has a touch of green in it, kind of a light khaki shade.  What color did you use for your French inf. coats?  Thanks for any input.
Clay           

Hi

Usually, I use Vallejo's Deck Tan. It is grayish-white, and you can always give an extra light adding a few drops of White or Off-White-. For the base I use either some Grey or some brownish grey -you can mix Desert Yellow and Neutral Grey, or use Medium Grey or, if you want a colder finish, Pale Grey and Dark Sand (80/20 mix).