Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:38:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689750
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tudor Rebellion Campaign  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
Re: Tudor Rebellion Campaign
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »
Always a pleasure to see your Henricians in action, Stuart.  Do let me know next time you are planning to visit the Perrys for an early 1500s game, and I shall try to attend.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 08:48:22 PM »
Excellent write up of your battles.  Great terrain, superb figures and some wonderful painting set this apart as the very highest standards of wargaming.  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 01:06:10 PM »
 >:(
Excellent write up of your battles.  Great terrain, superb figures and some wonderful painting set this apart as the very highest standards of wargaming.  :-* :-* :-*

Couldn't agree more Gary.

What I love so much, Stuart, is that not only are your figures wonderfully modelled and painted individual original miniature artworks, but that you're also putting them to use and playing wargames with them. And matching the wonderful standard of your figures with equally high standards in terrain and buildings.
Treble whammy.
This is how it should be 8)

Offline Stuart

• Mad Scientist
    • Army Royal
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 07:48:52 PM »
Thanks for all your comments and encouragement it’s very much appreciated  :)

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 08:38:05 PM »
Great pics and AAR Stuart.
 Love the fact that De La Pole is involved as I am currently working on a background to his involvement in the Von Trinkenessen chronicles some 8 to 10 years later.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »
What a treat to see your magnificently-painted army taken out for a spin.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »
Excellent figures and terrain. Really great eye candy.

Missed this when first posted, as we too spent last weekend gaming!

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 09:38:10 PM »
Fantastic!

I've become an avid follower of both yours and Oli's blog, and it's great to see you put your collections together like this.

I dare say you are the better painter of the two of you (not to take anything away form Oli with that - you are one of the best painters on this site, or in wargaming in general that I know of!), but he more than makes up for it with the VASTNESS of his collection, which seems to be truly mind-boggling, made even more impressive in that it is all for one era with interchangeable units for different faction, something I love (beats lots of small unfinished projects from different eras).

And when I see both your miniatures on the table like this, I do genuinely have to look very closely to see which are yours and which are his. You both use very similar basing - is this intentional? I'm aware that he re-based his whole collection a while back, and before he had used the golfing green technique. Did he do this to match with your collection?

I also really like your terrain setup. There's not much I can say that hasn't been said before about the town walls and other big exciting features, but I also really like the way you approach smaller things like trees, bushes, hedges and the layout of them alongside roads and streams. As I'm personally striving for more realistic battlefields instead of 'gaming' setups, the pics of your games are really helpful and inspirational.

Keep up the good work both of you!

Offline Stuart

• Mad Scientist
    • Army Royal
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 08:10:20 AM »
Thanks Charlie

Those were excellent games made all the more do thanks to the range and versatility of Oli’s collection. To see Scots, French and English rebels in the invading army was a visual feast and a real challenge to general and fight against. Our imagination (and appreciation of cider) is also on the same level and we very much enthuse each other’s imagination for what to paint and game next.

I definitely need a De la Pole in my collection and I can think of many variations on the what if campaign.