Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:56:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690591
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Using Frostgrave & Ghost Archipelago for Elder Scrolls?  (Read 1463 times)

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
Using Frostgrave & Ghost Archipelago for Elder Scrolls?
« on: May 08, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »
It occurred to me earlier that Frostgrave is probably really suited to the Elder Scrolls setting.

Wizards (and their parties) are literally just magicka-focused adventurers with an apprentice waddling along behind them and a group of spearcatchers faithful mercenaries to loot some dungeons. Heritors are more warriors with the occasional magical trick up their sleeves and a subservient mage-hireling (and some other miscellaneous hirelings along with them).

The only thing that's really missing is the archery / stealth component (maybe Frostgrave: Mansion Break-in will be the next expansion?).

Has anyone tried an Elder Scrolls / Frostgrave mash up?

Offline Kegluneq

• Bookworm
Re: Using Frostgrave & Ghost Archipelago for Elder Scrolls?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 04:34:47 PM »
There was a Morrowind Frostgrave project a good while ago:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=81027.0

And you might watch the folks at Dungeons and Gluesticks, who are trying to recreate Windhelm but have only just started:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZvZvalRLgkGXmFTpHEJBiw

I think I remember someone making some draugr tombs as well, but I cannot find them at the moment.  Will look more later. 

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »
Excellent, thanks!

I wonder if it'd be a lot of effort to rework the wizard types into the TES schools of magic.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 01:47:25 PM »
The only thing that's really missing is the archery / stealth component (maybe Frostgrave: Mansion Break-in will be the next expansion?).

That'll just lead into everyone being stealth archers.  ;)

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 12:39:28 PM »
Oh hey, I'm just getting back into Frostgrave and then someone mentions my old thread. :)

Frostgrave works as a generic ruleset. I didn't have to tweak it at all to represent The Elder Scrolls. Demons work for Daedra along with other similar constructs like say Bonewalkers from Morrowind. Dwemer robots fit into the construct rules too. I mean, frankly The Elder Scrolls as a setting began as a D&D homebrew, so it wouldn't be hard to use it with Frostgrave.

The issue perhaps is sourcing the models. I had to sculpt most of mine. Again however, TES can be fairly generic so you could use anything. Rather you just want to tie the occasional element into the setting so as its not just generic fantasy - i.e. make some terrain pieces with symbol from the games.

Setting wise I went for Vvradenfell post Red Year as the island was in ruins. However yeah, Windhelm, or another ruined city would work. For instance in The Elder Scrolls Online you visit an Argonian one, or there's always Elven and Dwemer ruins (the later is something which I'd like to cover as an expansion to my cave system).

I'll be restarting my TES thread at some point, so you may want to pop into that in a bit. ;)