Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:44:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New 4x6 card templates Super Mission Force Character Cards  (Read 3911 times)

Offline llyrric

• Schoolboy
Hey all,

I've lurked here for a while.  Over the last couple weeks my son and I have begun delving back into SMF.  I took some ideas(and graphics) from Weasel Force's cards and morphed them into a 4" x 6" template that I could print online or at a local photo printer.  This allows you to use photo sleeves to encase the cards and use wax pencils or dry erase markers to mark up the sheets during games.  I've already printed out the first set and they came out nice(just need to add a little bit of border to each)   

Anyway, I decided to put the stuff I have made so far online and share it with everyone else.  It's done in MS publisher, and I have put the templates online for re-use.  If you want to help get more character cards online feel free to use the templates and email them to me via the website. 

I'll probably do a video tutorial at some point also on simple use of MS publisher to stat out a new character.

http://smfcards.000webhostapp.com/

Offline llyrric

• Schoolboy
Re: New 4x6 card templates Super Mission Force Character Cards
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 11:50:13 PM »
Also note, these are not "by the book" characters and I am not a comic superhero expert.  I just used the web and existing profiles to try and fit my vision of each character.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 02:45:43 AM »
Those look pretty amazing! Only minor quibble, and this is easily ignored, HP should be Body.

On the actual conversions from the comics, the few I spot checked look pretty solid.

Thank you for cranking these out. They look amazing!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline llyrric

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 12:31:25 AM »
Added another 80+ in archive #3.  Somewhere around 230 writeups at this point.

Offline llyrric

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »
Added a 4th archive.  Also added some card templates in Powerpoint format for those that don't have publisher.  It takes a little more work to format with the recharge tracking boxes.  Thinking about putting individual pages for character cards over time that can be rated by the community.  So in theory you could have multiple versions of each character peer voted on.

Offline Supercollider

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 02:50:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing these, I just bought the rules and have a huge bag of clix I don't know too much about - now I can get stated right away :)

Offline Weasel-Fierce

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 08:58:14 PM »
I've just logged on for the first time in a while and seen these but they look great! Lots of work have gone into them, glad I could provide the inspiration.

(By the way, it's Weasel-FIERCE) :-)

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 11:51:47 PM »
Thanks for these, they're great! Perfect for when I use SMF to demo the hobby at local community festivals.

I don't suppose there's any chance you've been working on The Incredibles, Syndrome, Rocket Racoon or any Nintendo characters in the background?  :D

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 07:58:33 PM »
These look really nice. Good work.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline llyrric

• Schoolboy
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 03:07:21 AM »
Yeah, I'm not on much either.  I jump back and forth between my hobbies.  I have about half of another set of cards ready, and will probably get around to finishing it out in the relatively near future.  I think I'll be hosting a game at a small local gamecon, which is always good for motivation.  My son and I did make syndrome and I've 3d printed his giant robot, so maybe we'll do up some incredibles in the next batch.