Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:54:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: British reconnaissance motorcycles, and Austin 7 (dismounted test figures 10/09)  (Read 12350 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Missed this thread... didn't realize you and Paul were doing up a sculpt of my own grandpa! (he was a dispatch rider with the Manitoba Dragoons, albeit on Harleys - though he trained in Canada on Nortons).

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
After a chat with Fram. He made me aware that I'd completely forgotten to answer and update this thread.
Here's a reconnaissance rider and bike . It's also a nod to Fram's Grandfather. As the figures in the Follies range tend to be of real people rather than a generic face for unit building.( Mick & Simon have half a dozen Russian reconnaissance/sniper team figures I made from period photographs for their WW2 floating around.)
It's not a 100% as I need to tweak the left side of the face a little. But I promised I'd post some pictures of it this weekend .

Mark.

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
Brilliant! A must have . 👍

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
That figure is absolutely beautiful.
Just need to know when it will be a available with the other British motorcyclists.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now

Another gorgeous model to add to the must-have list :)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
It feels strange and awesome to have a miniature version of my granddad.  o_o :D

Great sculpt too. You were worried about his lankiness not coming through in wargaming mini typical scale mishmash, but I think that reads well enough.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Lovely work Mark on the recon motorcycle rider.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Cheer Chaps & H,

Fram ,
I'm glad you like the way it turned out. It'll be toddling off to be cast with the mono wheel,and the civiy bikes. Just need to finish off one more project for 1st corps WW2 British (not the same sculpting style as the follies).

Mark.

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
Spent the day Wargaming with Mick and Simon - been giving them ‘gentle encouragement’ to get all these two wheelers produced. 👍😁

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Simon,
Popped over this morning and collected Fram's Grandad (so to speak.). All heading for moulds before Partizan II.
Just reworking the Austin7,and two sets of figures to compliment this figure.(after a chat with Simon it seemed rude not too.)So don't panic!  ;)  ;)

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
Partizan II is three weeks or so away, do you think they will be available by then?

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
As far as I know they'll be cast.  Other than that I can't say. But an email nearer the time couldn't hurt.

Offline Flinty

• Librarian
These are, of course, excellent - but - I don't suppose the riders are separate from the bikes by any chance?

It looks like you do have separate castings so I am crossing all my appendages; trying to find a riderless bike that isnt a horribly Tuetonic BMW has been somewhat problematic.

Cheers

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: British reconnaissance motorcycles, and Austin 7(17/08).
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2018, 11:45:37 AM »
Here's the Austin 7 scout car.
The wheels are of course blue tacked on, just above the axle stubs so it closes the whole thing down. But just to give the idea. It's off to Partizan at the weekend (to Simon and Mick for casting) where in theory the motorcycle castings will be waiting.

Mark.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: British reconnaissance motorcycles, and Austin 7 scout car(17/08).
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2018, 12:06:15 PM »
Loving the Austin  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)