Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689217
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New plastics 7YW from Ebor  (Read 5063 times)

Offline Renaud

• Bookworm
  • Butterfly hunter
New plastics 7YW from Ebor
« on: May 15, 2018, 09:42:29 AM »

Very nice sculpting. Hoping this kickstarter will spark some interest here, its author seems not having enough time to invest in massive communication.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eborminiatures/ebor-miniatures-28mm-seven-years-war-french-infant/description

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: New plastics 7YW from Ebor
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »
I wish him best of luck.

But I'll be absolutely gob smacked if this funds.

Not because the target is unreasonable, because is isn't.

But the campaign is desperately lacking IMO...

No detail of what the box will contain and a general lack of imagery

No incentive to go for multiple boxes - single box price should have been higher with a discount for quantity.

Lack of promotion; to stand any chance the campaign needed to be spammed everywhere well in advance of it starting to build momentum.

Shame because the one picture looks good  :'(

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 12:00:49 PM »
Much as I regret to say, Dags is right. I would really like a range of SYW miniatures in plastic, but there is too few information to decide me to commit.  :'(

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 01:49:31 PM »
I had exactly the same thoughts and did suggest some changes on TMP.

If people (on average) pledge for 4 boxes he is going to need 500 backers which is a big ask for a single box of 28mm historical plastics...

Mike
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »
Wow, this is well worth backing!

I hate to say it, but yeah, this needs more buzz. I'm usually all for the proper use of KS (in terms of small companies getting either new or niche stuff into production and on shelves), less inane internet chatter and horribly undignified 'marketing' (= getting on the nerves of as many people as possible), less stretch goals and 'free toys' and so on. But a few more pictures and a better overview would be a good idea.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »
Remember when I first read about these miniatures in early 2017 but had totally forgotten about these new miniatures. As mentionned above I'm afraid that the Kickstarter will fail due to a lack of advertisement, information, pictures and incentives for backing the Kickstarter.

I only hope that Warlord Games won't buy these miniatures mid-Kickstarter as happened with the Pro Gloria Landsknecht miniatures Indiegogo to release them years later and in multiple boxed sets instead of one set ... But I really like the preview miniature and of course hope the Kickstarter will be a great success for the owner of Ebor Miniatures, if not during this campaign hopefully in a better supported project in the near future! It's always nice to see more plastic kits especially when companies are trying to break into the market with new exciting historical periods and nothing bad with some competition for us customers between plastic miniature producing companies.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline eboracomb

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 07:25:02 PM »

A few more pictures of the first 3up, the Box will contain two officers in open coats, two officer ensigns in open coats a drummer and an NCO with turn backs.

It will also contain 30 musketeer miniatures in two slightly different poses with 6 Grenadier heads in Bearskin bonnets and six in Tricorn with moustache.

cheers Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 07:50:04 PM »
Nick

Those are good pictures. You should definitely add them to the Kickstarter campaign. It would help people to decide. I had already made a contribution and now I am glad I did.

More information, the better.

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 09:08:06 PM »
I pledged as well (and i'm very, very picky when it comes to that). Thanks for the additional photos! All the best for the further campaign; I'll plug it.

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 09:22:51 PM »
Thats good info and I see you've added it to the campaign.  You should now post those pictures above as an update.

One of the big difference between Kickstarters that fail and succeed is that successful ones have plenty of updates so people feel the creator is involved...

Mike

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 09:41:49 PM »
That green is very nice indeed. I don't do plastics so I won't be backing but I wish Mr Ebor all the best.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 06:39:13 AM »
I've backed for one box but as it's a period I don't really game I don't need many. The green looks brilliant but I agree with everyrhing mentioned already. Unfortunately I can't see it funding, with how Kickstarter works. A massive shame because this is exactly what it should be for.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 07:13:41 AM »
Thats good info and I see you've added it to the campaign.  You should now post those pictures above as an update.

One of the big difference between Kickstarters that fail and succeed is that successful ones have plenty of updates so people feel the creator is involved...

Mike

Absolutely, love Matt Bickley sculpts and the 1 minis looks great but does sadly look to me doomed not to make the target and seems to have launched far too quickly, perhaps sketches, impressions, suggestions of contents, some fluff and hype...even a logo? if people buy a box each it needs one hell of a lot of boxes. or do boxes at normal price £28 after KS that would then give you a huge feeling of a bargain?

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »
Absolutely, love Matt Bickley sculpts and the 1 minis looks great but does sadly look to me doomed not to make the target and seems to have launched far too quickly, perhaps sketches, impressions, suggestions of contents, some fluff and hype...even a logo? if people buy a box each it needs one hell of a lot of boxes. or do boxes at normal price £28 after KS that would then give you a huge feeling of a bargain?

Perhaps if a few special character metals would be included with higher pledges, it would motivate more people to invest. Dunno, maybe a mounted colonel?

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »
I don't collect plastic figures so it's not for me, but for those who want SYW in plastic these would be excellent figures. The sculpter (Nick?), is obviously a very talented man.

Good Luck,

James