Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Argonor's Napoleonics  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Argonor's Napoleonics
« on: March 21, 2018, 09:28:06 PM »
I am plunging back into Napoleonics. Back? you say. Yes, back.

My first wargaming experience was years and years of gaming homegrown rules with Airfix 1/72 plastics, but now I am trying to get some 28mm skirmish up and running with a couple of buddies.

I have started out on my prepping station with Sharpe and his chosen men from Brigade Games:

Not a whole lot of progress just yet, because I also have a completely different project in the works, but I expect to get most of the riflemen prepped for priming before Easter.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:29:40 PM by Argonor »
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Argonor's Napoleonics
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:14:56 PM »
Even the best laid plans...

Well, after much toil and trouble, today I finally found time to clean op the last of this bunch.

If all goes well (dare I say..?), I should have the bases filled and the minis primed when the weekend draws to a close.

I have noticed that Brigade Games will release more Sharpe-themed stuff very soon (if it hasn't been already), so I better get speeded up a bit...  lol

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:41:35 PM »
A little progress - now primed and ready for being painted!

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 03:34:48 AM »
By coincidence I also have two skirmish units (one French Voltigeurs, the other British Rifles) undercoated ready for painting...I plan to do them next week. The Brigade ones look nice, shame they are not available in UK.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 09:17:10 PM »
By coincidence I also have two skirmish units (one French Voltigeurs, the other British Rifles) undercoated ready for painting...I plan to do them next week. The Brigade ones look nice, shame they are not available in UK.

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered across the main  ;)

Postage from the US is a bit expensive, but I am probably going to get some of the characters, they just released (or are about to release).

A couple of chums and I are going to start out with some Song of Drums and Shakos, then we'll see where it takes us.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »
Second hand purchase, just arrived in the mail today.
Going to have a look at it this weekend. Not expecting to play it in 28 mm if at all, more likely to pull out the 1/72 plastics!

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 04:25:16 PM »
AT1 has a new cover I see  :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »
AT1 has a new cover I see  :)

Couldn't say, I haven't been paying attention to BP - just got a bargain and thought I'd see what it's like.

I like the Rifles cover, though  :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 07:52:34 PM »
I have been digging out my 1:72 plastic nappies - these are my (painted) Bavarians:

My French and my 'mock-up' Russians are pictured on the blog, in a similar 'bird's view' perspective.

I expect to use them for trying out the Black Powder rules very soon (I'll probably play a solo game with only a single brigade on each side before I manage to get a human counterpart arranged).

On another matter:

I am painting up the Chosen Men for some skirmishing in the Peninsular War, and to that end I am going to get some Spanish buildings, also because they can serve multiple purposes (Caribbean harbours, Italian medieval/renaissance towns, etc.), but I am really in two minds about which to get.

I like the Hovels buildings - they are not all that expensive, and can be painted up quickly without much prepping.

http://www.hovelsltd.co.uk/Spanish25mm.html

Then there is Warbases - probably better sized to fit 'modern' 28mm minis, and dirt cheap, but they require assembling and texturing before painting to look really good.

https://warbases.co.uk/?product_cat=modular

Grand Manner is fantastic, but WAY beyond my budget!

I don't know if there are other ranges out there, so advice would be welcome!  :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:43:21 PM by Argonor »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »
My French army has a saddening lack of hussars, so now that I have two(!) 1:72 Black Powder games arranged for the weekend, I have started prepping some minis for the 1er Hussards.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »
One of my planned games had to be cancelled, due to unforeseen events beyond my influence, but the second one was played, albeit not to a conclusive end.

AAR:
https://argonor-wargames.blogspot.dk/2018/05/2018-05-06-black-powder-testing-rules.html

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 10:58:11 PM »
Look what the cat dragged in...