Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:55:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New to Zombie-gaming  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
Re: New to Zombie-gaming
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 11:26:09 AM »
On miniatures I'd just watch ebay for bargains. Most of the zombie  ranges fit within human variation so there aren't any glaring giants as long as you're a little careful. Some of the Bob Olley Reaper range are pushing 40mm for example. Studio Miniatures and Dead Walk Again are decent metals and most of the plastics out there are good for bulking out hordes.

Rules wise I like the 7ombieTV if you can get it. Project Z suffers from being printed on the cheapest thinnest paper they could get. Turf War Z is destroyed by the complete lack of an editor making it a confusing mess with half the rules referred to not being in the volume.

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
We started with Zombicide and have never really moved on - other than to different versions. It's a board game with mini's but scratched the itch of Zombie games without major efforts - other than painting the toys.

The full co-op nature appeals as well as it's a different feel than most Vs. games which is nice.

With that all the other Zombie games kind of passed me by...
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 01:06:48 PM »
ATZ batreps (particularly Vampifan’s, Colgar6’s, and ‘Nobody666’s Game Mayhem blogs) are what started me down the path to zombie gaming. I’ve got loads of painted models and spent a decent amount of money getting a printed copy of the rules but I’ll be damned if I could ever get my head around them  :( they just don’t ‘gel’ with me, after countless reads, tutorial videos, etc.

I like Zombicide but more Black Plague so I prefer to keep them seperate.

I’ve had most success with Akula’s rules and All Flesh Must be Eaten (the RPG).

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »
When I needed some cowboy zombies (in 15 MM) I couldn't find where any were available, so I just converted regular cowboy figures by scuffing the clothes, making jagged tears and painting the skin a nice zombie dead gray-brown, and was very pleased. So basically I feel many non-zombie figures can be used with a little roughing up and a proper zombie paining scheme. Sorry this isn't a better picture, but gives an idea.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »
7TV has zombies in there the Post APoc set coming to kickstarter in October which will have more variety in. It won't be released until January 2019 ish is the projected ship date for the kickstarter backers.

You can pick up normal 7TV for free off the Crooked Dice website and there are some free player guides such as Scooby Doo which has more profiles in but the Paranormal Exterminator guide has zombie profiles and other monsters in. But once you have the free rules you can just buy the card packs as the rules are on the cards themselves.

The production values are really nice though.