Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:38:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anno Domini 1666 kickstarter  (Read 29648 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Anno Domini 1666 kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 07:47:56 AM »
@ Dave Knight
Well supposedly skirmish rules will be revealed later during the campaign.

The guys at Wargamer.pl talked about skirmish rules last year when I played a demo, I too hope for skirmish rules as I think this game plays a bit similar to Malifaux (in regard to abilities and use of cards instead of dice). I can definitely see this being played on a 3x3' table with a similar number of models per side like in Frostgrave.

@DivisMal
They are quite serious about the plastic quality. I talked with one of the owners on facebook a few months before the campaign started, and he said that they would not launch the campaign until they had received sample miniatures from the factory to check that the quality of the sculpts transferred correctly to the plastics, and that the plastic they use (hard plastic) was of highest possible quality. In a recent youtube video the plastic dragoon was shown next to the metal mini and it was hard to tell them apart. I have high hopes for the plastics, which is why i pledged for plastic minis for the core box and selected add-ons.

Thanks!

I’m seriously impressed with this KS. I always wanted to go into Fire and Sword, but lacked the time for a huge army. The setting is cool, fresh and the organization is so much better and professional than SD‘s recent attempt to resurrect Confrontation.

It IS possible to show production samples!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 09:08:37 AM »
Wargamer will be posting pictures of the painted models later today.
Until then we can enjoy the freshly painted Leonzio, which was 3D printed by one of their painters:

Offline Wargamer Games Studio Ltd

• Assistant
    • Anno Domini 1666 Kickstarter
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 10:32:56 AM »
Hello friends, and thank you Anatoli for spreading the word. I will try to drop by here every now and then and answer any further questions you may have.

There is a picture of a plastic production sample compared to metal cast on our Kickstarter page. We are happy with the plastic quality. We do believe it's the best plastic quality we've seen in a board game.

We are sorry we haven't posted the promised pictures. Quite simply, they didn't turn out very good and we want to make better ones.

@Metternich some earlier sculpts (the French, Polish, and Turkish factions, and some of the Vienna locals) have been on sale as single metal miniatures for a while, and you may still buy them through our store: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/category/anno-domini-1666 but please note that if you ever decide to buy the game, you will end up with duplicates. Through Kickstarter you can buy single metal models for $9 a piece.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 02:40:30 PM »
Some updates and also some very nice artwork for the game, I think many are still waiting for the Cossacks to be revealed.

Some pictures of the plastic vs metal comparison, pictures are not of the best quality but I still think they capture the detail and crispness of the sculpts and the plastic material well, the model to the very right is a 3D printed member of the Broken Cross.

Some of the artwork

And some of the new add-ons and stretch goals, one of them is a social media stretch goal tied to the number of likes that the Anno Domini 1666 facebook page can get.

Miniatures aside, this is still a boardgame hybrid and many wonder about the rules and gameplay. I was told that more let's play videos with examples of various situations and gamepley will be posted fairly soon.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
The quality of the plastic really amazes me. The pieces look like they capture very deep details.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 06:25:26 PM »
I fully agree - the plastic figures are even better than the metal versions.

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »
I am amazed by the quality of the plastics as well.

Great looking game with unique setting - definitly worth of support on the Kickstarter :o

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »
Guys do not hesitate to support us now. We have so many SG not unlocked yet :-)
Also please spread the word about the game. Definitely we need bigger audience right now.

Offline Aulë

• Assistant
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 03:34:47 PM »
Great update with the expected all-in!  :-*
And also revealed that there will be two expansions...

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 02:16:37 AM »
Love the setting and the miniatures are incredible. Can't wait until we get the full Cossack reveal. What's the back story of the hunchbacked Cossack? He looks a little like a badly beat up version of my father in law.
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 05:52:16 AM »
Man, I have been hoping for high-quality and interesting 17th century Polish/east european figures for AGES. This is GREAT.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

• Assistant
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »
What's the back story of the hunchbacked Cossack? He looks a little like a badly beat up version of my father in law.
The name is Czeremis. He's a minor character in the novel and movie "Ogniem i mieczem" / "By Fire and Sword". He doesn't have a lot of back story in the source material, other than being a great marksman. He hangs out with Horpyna, the Cossack witch. Of course this leaves us some room to fill in the gaps in our universe :)

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 08:28:50 AM »
Some of you may be interested in the All-In Pledge that many backers asked for. We like to think it's a real treat and good value for the discerning miniatures enthusiast. If we unlock more stretch goals there will be even more stuff in it.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2018, 06:34:17 PM »
A very extensive and in depth written interview with Konrad Sosinski from Wargamer.pl about their new game Anno Domini 1666 can now be read on my blog:

The interview may be the longest to date, but I think it offers a lot of insight into the background of the game, concepts, rules, gameplay, factions, materials used for the plastics and all other things related to the game and the ongoing Kickstarter project.

You can find the interview on my blog by following the link.
Wargamer.pl also sent me a preview picture of a yet unrevealed character render and a concept sketch which you can check out along with the other pictures of the game and campaign in the same post.

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.com/2018/05/interview-about-anno-domini-1666-with.html#more

The Kickstarter ends on June 11, don't miss to check this game out!

Link to the Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1263001724/anno-domini-1666

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2018, 11:56:44 PM »
Well, I am all in, in for the plastic set.
Thanks Anatoli for the interview posted on you blog.
(Which I enjoyed reading.)
The interview got me off the fence.
Now we wait for the game. ;D
Semper Fi, Mac