Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Battle of Raab 1809  (Read 985 times)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
The Battle of Raab 1809
« on: June 30, 2018, 10:27:30 PM »
The Minions and I recently had a go at refighting the Battle of Raab 1809 (fought between the Austrians under Archduke John and the Franco-Italian army of Prince Eugene:

http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2018/06/30/refighting-the-battle-of-raab-14th-june-1809/

Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: The Battle of Raab 1809
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:35:39 PM »
I like very much how you draw your maps and your pace to pace battle narration is in harmony with the pictures!
A beautiful table set up, masses of gorgeous minis -AB figures are AAAH! (envious emoticon)
A great (and not so frequently fought) game!
Thank you for sharing!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
Re: The Battle of Raab 1809
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 10:42:47 PM »
Thanks very much, but it'll all look a lot better once I get my new cloth and new buildings into action and finish sticking my 200-odd trees together...

It certainly is an interesting battle.  The French have a considerable quality and C3 advantage, but the Austrians are in a pretty strong position.  It is fun fielding all those rubbish troops though... :)

We were short by one solitary base of Austrian hussars, so sneaked in a single base of dragoons.  Needless to say, that was the very last unit to take casualties, so every time I look at the photos, all I see is the bloody white-coated dragoons...  >:(