Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689726
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Building TWDAOW Table  (Read 5140 times)

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Building TWDAOW Table
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 09:34:46 AM »
Excellent.

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 05:00:27 AM »
Some excellent work! Especially like the shacks. One question do you have a problem with the coke can metal having a sharp edge that cuts when handling? I've seen it done before and that always came to mind. Thanks,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline Grendel

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 05:09:36 AM »
thanks for the comments. i have not had any issues with the coke cans. i use a craft knife to cut them, or at least score them and then peel them apart, but the closest is maybe the corners might be sharp, but nothing more than anything else with a point.

Alan

Offline Grendel

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 05:17:49 AM »
Managed to finish a few more things.

I got these in the Mars Attacks game, and should buy some more as they are very nice for a ruined town.

I stole my plan almost entirely from Tabletop terrain - you should definitely go read his http://www.tabletop-terrain.com/archives/2015/09/16/2152/tutorial-post-apocalyptic-terrain-with-mantic-red-brick/.

What i did different was add the floor slightly raised, with plasticard and used rubble to make more bits of brick. i also bought a pack of bricks from Greenstuff world. they are bigger than the bricks on these buildings but you cannot really tell, unless you look closely.

So as per his plans i greenstuff molded the holes in the walls and i did the plastic card on the gaps, but went further and did a bit more coverage. I sprayed with Dragon red spray and inked Agrax. i then drybrushed it with Astorath Red, then with Tyrant skull, then a bit with Cadian Flesh.

The floor was a blue grey, inked black and then stippled with a ligher grey and also burn umber.

i did the usual metal approach on the window frames, and for the door i used Caliban green and inked, drybrushed it and rusted it up.

I cut the windows out and used blister packs to recreate them, then painted in matt varnish and inked with seraphim sepia. if i did it again i would use less ink, to try and make the glass a little more see through, but i would need to test it. for fund i added bits of glass on teh ground as well.

the dirt is brown tile grout, and i used a mix of green flocks for the cover, with some of the darker spongy stuff and then eventually some tufts. these should create a great building to fight over.

Building 1:

Building 2:

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 08:45:31 AM »
Nice job, the replacement bricks are invisible.

And thanks for the link to the tutorial.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:53:59 AM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 03:06:20 PM »
These are beautifully done.  Thumbs up, sir!

"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 12:21:24 AM »
Nice terrain and paint work would like to see what the table set up looks like!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/