Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "The Rain"  (Read 3069 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
"The Rain"
« on: May 19, 2018, 07:46:55 PM »
All,
      Anyone besides me watching this superb series from Denmark on Netflix?  It is I think PA the way it should be, no grotesque mutant or zombies, just humanity dealing with an extinction level event.  Highly recommended.

Nick

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: "The Rain"
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 07:52:08 PM »
I binge watched it. Very good.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Juxt

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 08:12:35 PM »
Watched it last week, definitely some high end straight PA goodness 👍

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 09:07:24 PM »
I enjoyed it

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 09:35:54 PM »
All,
      Anyone besides me watching this superb series from Denmark on Netflix?  It is I think PA the way it should be, no grotesque mutant or zombies, just humanity dealing with an extinction level event.  Highly recommended.

Nick

Yeah i watched it and liked it and only monsters were the human kind, much scarier than zombies etc

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Online Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 09:55:23 PM »
I watched it. Thought it was good in some parts, a bit slow and lame in others. Felt there was a bit too much teen romance in the post-apoc mix for my taste.
And I must say, I prefer subtitles to dubbing. The absence of lip synch is disconcerting.
And (SPOILER ALERT) the treatment of the rain and wetness in general seemed inconsistent, with some people dying for getting slightly splashed by a puddle, with others seemingly unconcerned about walking through wet grass, or standing right next to an open doorway with rain splashing down right outside...

But overall, it wasn’t too bad.

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 10:16:16 PM »
I binge watched it over a couple of days and I enjoyed it. They certainly left it open for a season 2 !!!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 06:49:58 AM »
I have watched two episodes so far.

The dubbing does sound a bit odd, no idea who is doing the voice work for Alba August, but it sounds far too frantic (just finished Below The Surface, so the voice sounds really odd), sounds like someone doing panic dead pan.

Lots of actors from other (and so far better) series - Dicte, The Bridge,  Below The Surface etc.

I agree with Captain Blood, even after two episodes the treatment of water is inconsistent.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 08:57:19 AM »
I liked it as well. It was fun for me to see a post apocalyptic series in a familiar setting. Apocalypses usually take place in the UK or US.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
UK viewers don’t need to watch the dubbed version. With Netflix you have the option to watch in often a variety of languages with subtitles. I watched it in the original language with English subs as I find it usually adds tension.  :)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 06:55:17 AM »
UK viewers don’t need to watch the dubbed version. With Netflix you have the option to watch in often a variety of languages with subtitles. I watched it in the original language with English subs as I find it usually adds tension.  :)
Good call, much better subbed.

Thanks.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 07:01:19 AM »
Good call, much better subbed.

Thanks.

Dubbing just irritates the hell out of me  :D

I did see a few minutes of the dubbed version of The Rain and the voices didn’t seem to suit.

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 10:25:03 PM »
It's currently on my list.
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline Bloodaxe

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 02:16:59 AM »
I liked it.  Im in for a second season.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 02:19:37 PM »
I couldn't finish it. It had a couple good moments but not enough to hold my attention. Maybe the dubbed voices were too whiny but it came across too angsty teen and I really didn't like/care about any of the characters.

It brought a new meaning to the phrase "Oh, go soak your head!"