Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:06:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689750
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 632
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bolt Action, Partisans  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Tim Haslam

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Bolt Action, Partisans
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 05:33:53 PM »
Thanks guys, very interesting discussion.
But let's not fall out over it  :o

I wouldn't use the word fantasy to describe Bolt Action, superficial perhaps?
You get out of the game what you put in.
I'd like to know, for example, that my eastern partisans could use a particular captured German vehicle, I don't know, say something bonkers like a wirbelwind!
If however it's a complete nonsense and never happened then I wouldn't want to put one in my force, even though the army list allows it.

I want my BA force to reflect a similar historical prototype. But I also want to play with cool toy soldier models.

I would also add that most of my games of BA have been very exciting and fun events! Surely what any game should be?

So in reference to my original post, I'm just after ideas for an eastern partisan force, but at the same time make it play a bit different to my already considerably large soviet army.

:)
A millionaire trapped in a peasants body!

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 05:40:47 PM »
Do not worry - there are no quarrels. We just reacted to the possibilities of this game in different ways.  :)

Among the trophies of the partisans could be any technique. But, most likely, it will be something more characteristic for police units (obsolete or captured equipment).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:45:46 PM by cuprum »

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 04:06:41 PM »
Recently I read with pleasure the book "People with a clear conscience" by Peter Vershigora. The book tells about a unique partisan formation under the command of Sidor Kovpak. This raiding partisan detachment of more than 2,000 people, marched through the rear of the Nazis with battles of 10,000 kilometers, defeated the garrisons of the Nazis and their allies in 39 settlements, including small cities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydir_Kovpak

The book described that in order to overcome difficulties in supplying and avoid requisitioning clothing from the population, the detachment was allowed and encouraged to use uniforms captured from the enemy (without shoulder straps and Nazi symbols). Today I saw a photo where this situation is shown very clearly: