Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Justinian Byzantine...  (Read 1478 times)

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
28mm Justinian Byzantine...
« on: May 24, 2018, 12:25:08 PM »
Hi guys! I start this post because, we have heard Footshore and Aventine miniatures are going to produce "soon" a line of those lovely eastern Romans of VI century. My question is: Are there any pics of those ? Do we have any details of what will they produce ?  I have been waiting for that army for years, and even I read somewhere that even Byzantines for the wars against Sassanid Persia and Rashidun Caliphate of the VII centuries were in the pipeline... any comments on these ?

Thanks a lot guys

Cheers

Offline delbruck

• Scientist
Re: 28mm Justinian Byzantine...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 01:36:51 PM »
Aventine plan on doing Justinian and Maurkian Byzantines. I assume most of the figures will be good for up to 700AD, but I expect many will be useful for the 8th century. These have been planned for the last 1-2 years. I believe Footsore said the initial release (of Justinians?) would be in the 2nd half of 2018. I have to wonder if the plans of one company will effect the other. For example, if Footsore releases Justinian Byzantines first, would Aventine start with the release if Maurikians instead?

Offline The Inscrutable Dr. Huang

• Assistant
Re: 28mm Justinian Byzantine...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »
I've been waiting for Justinian Byzantines for years. I'm glad to see Aventine and Footsore are both planning to produce them.

"For example, if Footsore releases Justinian Byzantines first, would Aventine start with the release if Maurikians instead?"

I don't think it will matter. Many gamers will happily buy both.