Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2018, 05:15:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1233911
  • Total Topics: 86968
  • Online Today: 173
  • Online Ever: 697
  • (July 31, 2016, 09:46:52 PM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Solo: A Star Wars Story (threads combined, possible spoilers!)  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • galactic brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (threads combined, possible spoilers!)
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2018, 07:27:57 AM »
Shame on you if you don't know what happened to Darth Maul!
And it was not revealed in a cartoon, it was a full storyline in the excellent Clone Wars animated series!
;)  ;)

If you want to know how Maul survived and what happened until SOLO watch the following Episodes of Clones Wars (still on Netflix!):
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 3-13 – "Monster" (Mentioned only)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 3-14 – "Witches of the Mist" (Appears in crystal ball only)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 4-21 – "Brothers"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 4-22 – "Revenge"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 5.1  – "Revival"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 5.14 – "Eminence"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 5.15 – "Shades of Reason"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 5.16 – "The Lawless"

All together it is like a 3h movie!

Seriously, for me the appearance of Maul in the end of the movie was THE highlight. It nicely fitted Ep. I, Clone War (and Rebels) into SOLO.
Brilliant move!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Online Muzfish4

• scientist
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2018, 11:09:29 AM »
Shame on you if you don't know what happened to Darth Maul!

I am shamed.

Really though, I thought Maul was cut in half and quietly forgotten as was only right and proper for anything to do with the Phantom Menace.

Seriously, for me the appearance of Maul in the end of the movie was THE highlight. It nicely fitted Ep. I, Clone War (and Rebels) into SOLO.
Brilliant move!

Let's agree to disagree. We can all enjoy Texts from Superheroes' take on this:

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • galactic brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2018, 11:59:55 AM »
LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

Offline Pijlie

• mad scientist
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2018, 02:57:45 PM »
I watched Solo last weekend and I was thoroughly entertained. It felt like a Star Wars themed tribute to Firefly; grim, gritty AND with humour and while not as good as Rogue One I really enjoyed myself.

A great relief, after the rather horrible Last Jedi, to watch a SW movie with a comprehensible plot that actually made a point, likeable and relatively believable (it IS SW after all!) characters and some nice nods to scenes and bits from earlier movies. Even if I have never seen any Clone Wars episodes, so my son needed to explain what Maul was doing there..... 

And a nice cliffhanger as well.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:00:24 PM by Pijlie »
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

Offline DivisMal

• mastermind
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
I am shamed.

Well I’m also ashamed, but I cannot stop laughing...

Offline gamer Mac

• Supporting Adventurer
  • galactic brain
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2018, 09:50:59 AM »
We went last night and we thought it was good
Darth maul was a bit strange to someone who doesn't watch the cartoons
Plenty of terrain ideas
I may just have to try and get back into my Imperial  assault project

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • elder god
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »
Well, just saw it and I loved it. Non stop action, lots of great performances and jaw dropping effects. And a lot of fun. Spot on for a Star Wars film as far as I’m concerned. 9/10. God knows what all the online grizzling is about  ::) ;)

Online Muzfish4

• scientist
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2018, 02:40:36 AM »
Saw it again last weekend with the Little Fish (aged eight and nearly six) and they both really liked it. Second time around I liked it more as it was just good silly space opera fun. Donald Glover really shines as Lando and, really, a SW movie free of Jedi magic is no bad thing.

Finally, and this is the last time I'll do this, something for Agis:

Offline AWu

• mad scientist
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2018, 05:34:47 PM »
Saw it again last weekend with the Little Fish (aged eight and nearly six) and they both really liked it. Second time around I liked it more as it was just good silly space opera fun. Donald Glover really shines as Lando and, really, a SW movie free of Jedi magic is no bad thing.

Agree, I would prefer Carlisian series to Solo series with this cast :P

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • elder god
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2018, 06:21:12 PM »
I’m wondering if Qi’Ra will get a film given the ending of Solo  ???

-STAR WARS-
 Crimson Sun

:D

Offline Manchu

• scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2018, 07:08:05 PM »
The next announced film will feature Boba Fett. I am not sure if he's right for the protagonist role. But it's easy to imagine You Know Who ordering Qi'ra to eliminate Enfys Nest's gang and her hiring Boba Fett to help her track them down.

Offline AWu

• mad scientist
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2018, 07:24:07 PM »
Boba Fett would be perfect Sergio leone style antihero like Tuco or Angeleye.. hell Blondie himself isnt to good boy either :P

LOL
I just realized that The Good, the bad and the ugly star wars remake would be epic!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:19:50 AM by AWu »

Offline mcfonz

• mastermind
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2018, 07:36:23 PM »
No one noticed the Mandarin armour in Vos' room on his ship towards the end then?

I really enjoyed it. I think it's hard to compare the likes of Solo and Rogue One to the likes of TLJ or FA. I say that because those movies have to follow the saga that went before, therefore they are meant to be epic style movies.

Much of the story for these characters already exists and has done for some time, or at least enough of the universe is in place to make a story within guidelines without having to create too much from scratch.

I like how we got to see how and why Solo became such a reluctant hero, someone more likely to hide in the shadows. And also the relationship with Lando - who is also given more of a backstory in regards to his own rogue ways.

These movies have really helped to make star wars a little darker - that the heroes have more depth than just being the good guys. And the margin between good and bad is not that vast.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 07:51:11 PM by mcfonz »

Offline mcfonz

• mastermind
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2018, 07:55:54 PM »
The next announced film will feature Boba Fett. I am not sure if he's right for the protagonist role. But it's easy to imagine You Know Who ordering Qi'ra to eliminate Enfys Nest's gang and her hiring Boba Fett to help her track them down.

Well essentially he could. He's another conflicted character. We know some of his story already. What happened to him between the last time he was seen and the next time we see him in ESB? That's theoretically more time than Solo. On his own to start with too. Who trains him? How does he transition from there to universe renown bounty hunter?

So far as we know, he isn't against the rebellion either, he is just a merc after some money. Plus, does he die in the Sarlac pit?

Offline Manchu

• scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2018, 08:20:12 PM »
According to canon, Boba Fett was trained by Aura Sing. In Solo, Lando thanks Beckett for killing Sing. Bossk, who is also mentioned in Solo, was involved with a plan where Fett and Sing destroyed a Republic Star Destroyer during the Clone Wars in an effort to assassinate Mace Windu (who had killed Boba's "father," Jango, on Geonosis at the end of Episode II). The plot was ultimately unsuccessful and Boba Fett was locked up on Coruscant for a while before heading to Tatooine to start his own bounty hunter group.