Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: GZG 25mm Eurasian Solar Union Figure review  (Read 1882 times)

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
GZG 25mm Eurasian Solar Union Figure review
« on: March 12, 2020, 10:25:12 PM »
’m working my way through a whole pile of GZG 25mm Stargrunt troops. I’ve photographed and reviewed the ESU Heavy infantry on my blog.

http://www.addictedtolead.net/2020/03/12/gzg-25mm-eurasian-solar-union-heavy-infantry-figures/

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
Re: GZG 25mm Eurasian Solar Union Figure review
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 04:42:02 PM »
I have a platoon of these myself. I may have to find the catalogue and order a few more (and some OUDF) at some stage. :P
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »
Looking good!

I can only assume these are no longer in production? As the ESU troops advertised look a lot different (more like the 15mm versions).

Offline whitphoto

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 03:40:22 PM »
Looking good!

I can only assume these are no longer in production? As the ESU troops advertised look a lot different (more like the 15mm versions).

Eureka still has the molds for these and is willing to produce them, but they're a custom order since they're no longer on the website. I need to type out my order and email them. I expect that delivery will take some times since nothing is in stock and I'm on the opposite side of the planet from them...

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 06:53:15 PM »
I have a small platoon of the GZG UNSC to supplement my Grenadier Traveller Imperial Marines platoon (which is itself made up of two plus boxes of the old Grenadier figures).  They mix very well with the GZG figures, and have very similar helmets (for the classic Traveller Imperial Marines look).   Also have two platoons plus heavy weapons of the GZG NAC and OUDF troops to make up a less advanced (than the Imperials Marines) planetary force.   GZG are nice figures indeed.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 10:37:22 PM »
I've got some of the GZG 25mm's to go with my WEG Star Wars minis, fit together perfectly, as do the old Denizen minis.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 09:54:06 PM »
Denizen fits well with them indeed.  I have enough of the Denizen aliens to make a platoon of Traveller Zhodani - mix well with both the GZG and the old Grenadier Traveller range.  Smaller than today's 28mm, but full of character and have that "hard science" look.

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 11:14:42 PM »
The weird thing is that nobody seems to get the hard sci-fi look in 28mm done nowadays. Or isn't willing to. It's all "historical guys with 40k lasguns" or "ww2 germans in space" it seems. Really keen for a new hard sci fi range to pop up some time.

Anyway, these are some really nice figures. Gotta love GZG.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 09:22:14 AM »
The weird thing is that nobody seems to get the hard sci-fi look in 28mm done nowadays.
So you have not been following Kev White, as I am not on Facebook, have a look at his side column here: http://www.hfminis.co.uk/

Okay he does mention chain blades...