Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Merkava Mk I  (Read 1525 times)

Offline GeKi

• Scientist
    • miniaturebrushwork
Merkava Mk I
« on: July 20, 2018, 10:42:22 AM »
Heyho
Since What a Tanker! seems to be very popular in our community we thought about playing it with modern tanks.
So I created a rule supplement which covers the modern timeframe roughly from 1957 to present day.

For that I painted up some Merkava Mk I tanks from QRF. Tracks are printed and commanders are converted Team Yankee brits.

Befor I painted the base colour on the tank I added a layer of GW rust effect to made the tank look like it got anti slip coating. Sadly its quiet hard to get decent photos of that effect.
Hope you enjo, cheers.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Merkava Mk I
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 12:32:09 PM »
Nice paint job.

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:45:34 PM »
I love the Merkava, excellent paint job.   :D  Need a couple more for my force...  :D ;D  one must love lead adventure... giving the excuse to emptying the wallet...  o_o
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline GeKi

• Scientist
    • miniaturebrushwork
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 07:43:48 PM »
thanks

@Arrigo: Yes, but first some t55 as enemys for What a Tanker!. I hope Battlefront will release some plastik Merkavas next year together with oil wars

cheers

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »
I have already 7 T-55 (PSC) in Egyptian colours and several PP and Skytrex in Syrian colours... my house is a scale Tankograd. Few years ago I had a Challenger's squadron commander and a Major General visiting me... the Squadron commander said that... every scale confused I have more tanks than the whole British Army, and in bare numbers it is true. Funnily enough the Italian Army has more tanks than me (how the world has changed!).

But these are not reason to stop buying and building!  lol  Again lovely Merkava.  I was rthinking to get some from QRF, but also three Merkava 4 from Khurasan. Next year FoW is supposed to come out with plastic Merkava, but I was hoping for plastic centurions and M48... as an aside I hater FoW for calling their centurions Sho't whent hey have the Meteor engine! The Sho't has the Continental/Teledyine one! 

But I have them... (one for now...)

Offline GeKi

• Scientist
    • miniaturebrushwork
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 11:42:17 AM »
Nice one!

Since I will use them for What a Tanker! I do not need that much tanks.
But I will add a Zelda mission objective.

I really like the Mk IV merkavas but shipping is damn expansive

cheers

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:28:50 PM »
I am not that fond of What a Tanker, in 15mm I use CoC, Battlefront WW2, force on force,  and also Battlegroup (looking at the promised AIW suppelement), so I need more tanks. Also because in real life  rarely you field less than a platoon of tanks for C&C purposes, except when you attach single tank to infantry (but few armies did that, I think the most notable exception was the USMC, but they have a long record of misuse of tanks only recently improving).

I am also wondering at WaT and modern gun ranges, okay you broke the terrain, as it should, but then the primary threat is RPG and infantry. Again WaT is not my cup of tea...

Zelda... best ones I saw are the PPs. They have both the non up-armoured ones in different version, and the one with TOGA add one armour. I am updating mine.  One thing I would love to see in 15mm is a Namer...

is not shipping... it is the custom that sometime invent charges... little stories:

VAT levied on books from Amazon Germany (Allemagne written on the box, Allemagne is not an European nation... they tried a similar thing with m local model shop, with 'Royaume Uni' the owner of the shop ended up calling his lawyer...)

Friend of mine send me a digital camera from Tokyo... it is a gift. Customs pretend it is a commercial transaction and lievied the VAT they asked money from me and my friend and the shipping service. Even worse they notified the expense with 10 days delay so they can claim storage expense. After some days I received a phone call from the shipping services apologizing and saying that they would have reimbursed the storage expenses because they were going to sue the Italian Customs (they were doing the storage trick quite commonly!).

Parcel from Chieftain Models... one Chieftain, one IDF Mutt... I open the box... one chieftain hatch and some chemical  explosive material (fuel for model planes). Contacted Ian in UK he tried to solve the situation (they opened the parcel for inspection and put back the wrong content...). Ian was kind to send a replacement order at no cost with an additional MUTT in it. I think he tried to sue Italian Custom... I also had to go to the Carabinieri to dispose of the explosive material...

This is just a comical selection.