Forum > Medieval Adventures

The Fall of Acre 1291 Updated p 8 (3d model)

(1/23) > >>

traveller:
I have had a soft spot for the late Crusades for a long time and when I saw the opening scenes from the HBO series Knightfall it tipped me over the edge. My plan is to create the scene of the dramatic escape at the Acre harbour during the last day of the siege. After that only the Templar and Teutonic Knight strongholds continued the resistance. First some images from the serie which was staged in the harbour of Dubrovnik i Croatia:

There are a few images related to Acre in the Osprey books of which this one sparked my initial interest of the potential of a harbour setting:

Since a few years back I have disciplined myself to use a standard format for all terrain related to a skirmish setting. I built a simple frame sized 100x75 cm in which all terrain pieces must fit:

In this I will use a thin mdf board for the water level on which I will build a stone harbour structure using floor insulation foam. The edge of the harbour will be lined with an old GW Mighty Fortress that I never used.

Starting with the foam:

I used a modelling knife and an aol bayonet :D to carve up the stonework. Somewhere in this forum I stole the excellent idea of running a ballpen in the slit after the cut which widen the gap between the stones:

Bloodsbane:
Very interesting project!

I couldn't stand those opening scenes of Knightfall dramaturgically, but it certainly makes for great scenario inspiration. Looking forward to see where this goes :)

Captain Harlock:
Great start! Although I hated Knightfall. Helmet cam anyone?  lol
You can make a ball out of crumbled tinfoil and roll it around, giving more random texture to the stones

traveller:
I agree about the quality of the series but for me the subject often take the upper hand when it comes to providing inspiration  ;)
Great idea with the tinfoil. I have to try that but (un) fortunately I have progressed to the painting phase. It is just the image upload that is lagging  >:(

traveller:
Base paint:

Followed by a number of layers of drybrushing:

Next step is the base board with some water-like paint with several layers of gloss varnish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version