Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:08:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690735
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Member here  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Melvin

• Student
    • melvindevoor.com
New Member here
« on: May 14, 2009, 03:16:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

Like to introduce myself as a new member (I followed malebolgia's among others talks about something called LAF :)) I wont be a very active member, however this forum seems to focus on alot the subgenres I like and are influental for me.

my dayjob (and morning, and evening and night and weekends .. sigh >_< ) is working as a freelance artist.
I live in arnhem in the netherlands.
and well thats all. :)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: New Member here
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 03:25:54 PM »

Welcome aboard!
If your looking for inspirations you’re at the right place. There’s plenty of interesting stuff going on here… maybe even a little too much if, like me, you can’t stay focus on a single project… ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:44:46 PM »
Hey Melvin,

Good to see you here! Did you see your statue in my first entry in the LPL?
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 07:16:05 PM »
my dayjob (and morning, and evening and night and weekends .. sigh >_< ) is working as a freelance artist.
Job? How's making beautiful art a job? I personally like making art, myself. ;)

Welcome aboard. How's the weather? Enjoy the scenery!
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Melvin

• Student
    • melvindevoor.com
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »
I can never stay focused on single projects when it does not involve commissions >_<
for a couple of years Ive had several dozen tabletop and boardgame design projects moving in and about and none has reached a finished stage >_< to be honest tough the problem is I cant playtest things or discuss concepts as I know zero people into miniaturegaming or even boardgames personally and locally in my city.
and seeing as most ideas come to from usually pulpy/adventure settings (they always get a .. probably disliked.. melvin spin tough :p) ( lets see there's the hell's hospital one wich blends classical literary horror with fetisha pop culture, my eternally progressing "pirates" game (the only one wich survives constantly as it wouldnt require me to invest in making a miniature range.), an underwater game and the shelved-for-a-while-now Gits n Glory.. if anyone knows the videogame parodius.. what parodius is to arcade spaceshooters, that game was to weird war games.)

so this site will be perfect for making sure I never finish anything ;)

and Marijn, I had seen him on wyrd allready :) its looking really good, gonna have to see it in real life someday maybe play a game of cosmic horror ;) (speaking of wich, I still hope to get some things done for you, but the weather is really distracting this last month :D)

Offline Melvin

• Student
    • melvindevoor.com
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 07:29:52 PM »
Job? How's making beautiful art a job? I personally like making art, myself. ;)

Welcome aboard. How's the weather? Enjoy the scenery!

Well, I offcourse enjoy it ;) tough in all honesty, being forced to do the hobby you like in order to make a living puts some stress on the job really. and I dont always have commissions Id had taken if it was just parttime.
but honest is honest, it is much less a job than the usual jobs are (mind you, I have never had a regular job in my life.. have been full time pixel artist since 17 -> full time gamedesigner -> freelance general artist.)

weather WAS good ;)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 07:55:11 PM »
welcome aboard

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 12:31:49 AM »
have been full time pixel artist since 17 -> full time gamedesigner -> freelance general artist.)
17, myself. Going on to an art school in a year an half or so for concept art, both traditional and digital, mostly 2d animation though. School's like work, it gets in the way of art, so everything piles up.

Cheers.

Offline RockofPersia

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 06:37:41 AM »
 :) Good job New Member. May you have a glorious career and lots of fun.  I have just joined up myself.  I have been painting lead for gaming and enjoyment since 1974.  I do both historical and fantasy work. If anyone wants to know, my username refers to my die rolling ability at critical moments.  I have a different one for when I roll poorly.