Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 604
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for a Black Knight  (Read 3446 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Looking for a Black Knight
« on: June 04, 2018, 05:14:52 AM »
I'm looking for ideas for a miniature that would suit the Black Knight I'm happy for it to be quite fantasy as I want to use it in SS&SS. It does need to have a mounted and infantry version. Preferrably looking for something with an armoured horse.

My first thoughts were Black Tree Design but I'm not overly fond of the style.

Any ideas?

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: Looking for a Black Knight
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:40:48 AM »
Alternative armies "Winter knight" might work (very much at the fantasy end of the spectrum) comes as a mounted and unmounted version

https://www.alternative-armies.com/products/fl10-the-winter-knight

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 03:16:16 AM »
Thanks. Best option so far ;)
I like it and might add it to my list of wants from alternative armies. :)

Any other ideas anyone?

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 04:05:44 AM »
I would naturally point at any classic Citadel Chaos Knight - especially if you can find one of the pairs.  Otherwise, maybe Bronze Age?  They have a great Death Dealer mini.

http://bronzeagemin.com/death-dealer-10/

"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 05:42:18 AM »
Thanks. Best option so far ;)
I like it and might add it to my list of wants from alternative armies. :)

Any other ideas anyone?

I think the need for a mounted and dismounted version does cut the options down a bit Crusader do a couple of mounted and dis-mounted versions of miniatures in their feudal range just plain old historical knights though

like Swinegrab said the very old citadel C33 range had some great mounted and dismounted characters this one in particular would make a great black knight

but the last one I saw on ebay was pushing £80......

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 07:53:42 AM »
You could use one from a sprue of the Fireforge Teutonic mounted Knights and a dismounted one from a sprue of their footknights as they have the same helmet options iirc.

Curteys/first Corps do mounted and unmounted knight packs, which might be the cheapest option but might require conversion or just a suitable paint job.

The other option would be to scour eBay or put a wanted post on this forum for an old mounted and dismounted warhammer fantasy chaos knight?

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 08:01:21 AM »
I thought about fireforge. Good idea.
I think your last idea is the one I'll go with though. I just looked on the mirlitob site and found a perfect candidate in the undead range. Well perfect for me I think. Thanks for the help. Some other nice minis there that I now also want :)

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 08:38:57 AM »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 08:46:25 AM »
Lol. I think I remember seeing that here some time ago. I'd need a coconut wielding sidekick for the mount.

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 11:47:24 AM »
Depending on your scale and intent, two of the ringwraiths from LOTR may do. I plan on using Morghul knights and the Mouth of Sauron as a guard unit for Mordred in my high medieval King Arthur setting.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 01:59:06 PM »
Just curious...which Black Knight are you looking for? A historical or fantasy one?

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 04:52:24 PM »
Was part of a long-running Dungeons and Dragons campaign back in the 1960's, and our go-to black knight was the Death Dealer.  Exudes menace.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 07:25:34 PM »
Was part of a long-running Dungeons and Dragons campaign back in the 1960's, and our go-to black knight was the Death Dealer.  Exudes menace.

Uuuh...sounds scary.....you definately need a mean SOB Fantasy knight. One of the LOTR Mordor types would fit  ;)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 04:46:17 AM »
That first Reaper one is nice... Hmm May have to change my view on what I want  lol
Just curious...which Black Knight are you looking for? A historical or fantasy one?

Fantasy. Popped it into the fantasy thread but either would suit me :)
Depending on your scale and intent, two of the ringwraiths from LOTR may do. I plan on using Morghul knights and the Mouth of Sauron as a guard unit for Mordred in my high medieval King Arthur setting.

Very nice also. And I see they are still available in metal. Very expensive in this neck of the woods though.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:56:36 AM by beefcake »