Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 08:43:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Elders house  (Read 256 times)

Offline Papierschnitzel

• librarian
    • Papierschnitzel
Elders house
« on: June 08, 2018, 08:24:36 AM »
I started working on a new building for my Samurai Builders Series. I call it the "Elders house". 

Here are a couple of concepts I made.

A first sketch showing the shoji and engawa design I want to include.

I was briefly going in this direction with the roof but I like the other version better for reason of modularity. One can build just the main house or add one or two engawas on the long side as required with the first version.

Finally, the entry via the engawa was usually reserved for VIP guest so I wanted to add a ground level building. It's basically a short version of the (raised) main house.

With these options I can see many ways to make different builds. Add the texturing layers for different shoji and wall styles and you will have even more variety to work with!

Happy building,
Chris

Offline Papierschnitzel

• librarian
    • Papierschnitzel
Re: Elders house
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:21:00 PM »
Here are a couple of pics of the white build prototypes.

I am making variations of the engawas (verandas). This is the full length columns version...

... and this one has only parts columns.

Adding the extension "ground level" working house and some minis :-)

Next up is the creating of textures (skins). I am planning to have some variations of shoji and wood panelling so that (as usual) when it comes to printing the buildings, one has the option of creating a specific look or multiple different looking buildings if you need many in the large village scenario :-)

Chris

Offline Papierschnitzel

• librarian
    • Papierschnitzel
Re: Elders house
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »
Here is a first test build of the elder house!

And I couldn't resist to make a quick little diorama  :D