Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686467
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Legends of Signum  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
[KICKSTARTER] Legends of Signum
« on: May 10, 2018, 05:15:21 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2034410916/legends-of-signum-battle-for-vallor?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=legends%20of%20signum

I thought it was worth putting up a discussion about the KS by the folks from Cadwallon.com, who have launched their pseudo-spinoff game with a confrontation esthetic.

Lots of nice stuff on offer, miniature wise. I have always been pleased with anything I ordered from them. The all-in pledge has some nice sculpts:

I must say I am not sold on a miniature game that also has collectible cards, so I will likely pass on the game, but might pick up a few miniatures as the sculpting is top notch.  Plus they will be in resin, not the shady board-game PVC that seems to be the rage nowadays...
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Legends of Signum
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 05:44:32 PM »
I agree about the quality of the figures, I have a couple of these and some of the ex Rackham models they produced. Superb resin castings and very good customer service.

The CCG aspect is interesting as a way of changing the special abilities of characters or adding special weapons or spells. Will certainly help add re-playability if you only pick up a small selection of the figures.
Only problem is they need to make sure they are all balanced and that they do not fall into the MTG pay-to-win trap as that will lose them support in an instant.
If everyone backing the full game set gets all the possible cards that is fine.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:35:26 PM »
My understanding is that you will not get all the cards... there are specific core cards that you would get with the game and figures, then the other cards are sold in booster packs, much like MTG, with random cards in each pack. This is what the creator said on FB:

The firts edition of Legends of Signum includes about two hundred different cards. Among them about 80 caracters cards and they come with models in sets. Others cards, which called Support cards (spell, relic and tactics cards) you can find only in the boosters. Each booster includes 7 different cards of both fractions.
The Support Cards have an indicator of rarity:
- Common (green);
- Rare (blue);
- Legendary (yellow);
- Mythical (red).
In a booster you can find only Common, Rare and Legendary cards.
The Mythical (red) cards will be available as a gift for tournament or on the Kikstater.

Building and terrain cards are not included in the Battle deck. and you can buy them in special sets.

So, that in and of itself turned me off the game, since I don't think it will have enough local support to see people trading cards to get what they need, and it is just an added hassle to buy random cards. If I pledge for anything, its just for the miniatures  8)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 12:19:18 AM »
In case some haven't noticed, on account of it being the weekend, LoS is back: We are unfrozen!!!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 02:07:04 PM »
Would be great to see them bring in a "minis only" pledge now, look at bringing in new backers who do not want the game (for whatever reason) but would put up funds to buy a selection of the figures.