Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:25:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Figure scale compatibility - advice needed  (Read 2641 times)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Figure scale compatibility - advice needed
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 09:18:09 PM »
I have a couple of suggestions of existing ranges and one out of left field.

First off, the Falcon ranges are not OOP, they are available from Caliver books. Look under their 28mm listings. I have been sampling a few, they seem to vary a bit from range to range, but all are smaller than modern ranges. I particularly like the zouaves and the colonial troops with fez, they are charming.

Parkfield Sudan range. Small and slim. Use as is or green stuff the puttees into gaiters and paint them as redcoats. If the heads are a little big you can swop them for the Empress spare (zulu war) Brit heads which are smaller and neater, they look perfectly proportioned then.

OK, the wild card suggestion is..plastic Valiant  figures. supposedly 1/72, they look fine next to old "true 25s" 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:20:19 PM by vodkafan »
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Siaba

• Scientist
Re: Figure scale compatibility - advice needed
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 06:25:50 AM »
Thank you for the information  ;)
"The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he was really evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have stayed there ... in peace. War will make corpses of us all."