Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Quick and Easy rules?  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
Re: Quick and Easy rules?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2018, 10:10:54 AM »
Especially considering that they play CoC by themselves and they were impressed when Rich went to Nottingham to demo the game in their game room...

I, and possibly many others, didn't know that, but somehow I can't see Richard coming to demo the game personally in my games shed unfortunately. lol

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2018, 12:44:22 PM »
Well,

I had to cross the continent, the Channel, and live in UK to get the opportunity to play with Rich!  ;D You are not alone...

But game was described in Lard Island News and I think also in WSS (not sure of the latter).  Wandering away in musing... with all the information we have available on the hobby right now through the internet, I sometime wonder if it is a good development or not. I am not talking about the mass of noise around, but the fact that we are literally bombarded by useful information about our hobby in the form of reviews, reports, discussions, but it is so much we cannot really digest it...
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Tim

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »
No love for Crossfire?  everyone should be made to play it at least once just to see how gaming could evolve ;-)

I didn’t bring it up myself as the OP sounded like he wanted tanks.  :)
--
Tim

Offline Tim

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2018, 03:15:55 PM »
This question comes up periodically, the last time a few months ago...  :)
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=102745.0

Not sure that’s a good representative thread.  There are so many different approaches to WWII games such as tank heavy, infantry heavy, what a stand or vehicle represents and so on. 

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 09:22:24 PM »
I wouldn't mind finding a nice set of rules to make use of some 15mm Axis and Allies miniatures that I have. The only issue is that Axis infantry is usually represented by one mini per squad rather than individual soldiers. Can anyone recommend something that could make use of the models I have? I love playing miniatures games. I just hate assembling and painting miniatures. LOL