Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:17:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Taking Back My Star Wars  (Read 3002 times)

Offline skirmisher

• Librarian
Re: Taking Back My Star Wars
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 10:14:45 AM »
Very good thread. I think alot of us are of an age and experience where we have as good a grasp of what Star Wars should look and feel like, as the new movie makers. And like many, I look to my own gaming "story making",  to experience the Star Wars tales i want.

That said, there is some solid storytelling and inspiration in the latest comics and roleplay sourcebooks.

My current Star Wars 20mm affray is more a declaration that "You dont own me Legion! (yet)"  :)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
Threads like that make me regret buying only Gungans* when those models were dirt cheap.

I wanted to convert them for silly purposes and never get to it and I am stuck with 6 gungans somewhere :P

May I suggest converting them for use as horribly, painfully slaughtered casualty figures?  :)

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »
Threads like that make me regret buying only Gungans* when those models were dirt cheap.

I wanted to convert them for silly purposes and never get to it and I am stuck with 6 gungans somewhere :P

If you're in the USA, I'll happily buy them from you. Aside from Jarjar, the Gungans were serious, capable warriors with their own style of technology ;)
Hi! I'm Harry. I am a hobby addict; I game sci-fi, fantasy, and historical (including Ancients, Dark Ages, Renaissance, and World War II Manchukuo.)

Please visit my OSR products for sale at www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 07:11:39 PM »
Let me say this about "The Force Awakens:" whether it was good or bad, over-commercialized or short of expectations, it was the last movie I bonded over with my 13-year old daughter before her death.

Let me say this about "A New Hope:" after watching it again this morning, it still holds up as a movie after 41 years.

Offline No Such Agency

• Scientist
    • Painting Agency
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 03:47:01 PM »
Let me say this about "The Force Awakens:" whether it was good or bad, over-commercialized or short of expectations, it was the last movie I bonded over with my 13-year old daughter before her death.

Let me say this about "A New Hope:" after watching it again this morning, it still holds up as a movie after 41 years.
1. wow, my utmost sympathies  :'( and I'm glad that you shared that good experience with her... which you'll always have :)

2. Yes, yes it does.  While a bit of a hack even then, Lucas had read books of myth and folklore and watched older films and they infused his original vision with mythic qualities.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »
Oh, Star Wars, love it or hate it.
It's been around, it seems forever.
It will be around I think long after we are gone.
I was lucky to see it three days after it can out.
Fell in love with it.
I have been gaming it off and on for decades. 
Never really happy with the games that came with the figures.
So I take heart, others feel like I do.
Create what you love about Star Wars.
I will continue to look and buy "that" prefect Star Wars game.
One day, maybe the Force will be with me. lol
Semper Fi, Mac