Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Start of a Seleukid army during the reign of Antiochus III and Antiochus IV  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Arche Seleukeia

• Bookworm
I ordered from Aventine Miniatures several years ago but I've finally decided to start painting them. I'm a slow painter so I only have a single officer of the phalanx to show but I hope you like them.

Offline Karak Norn Clansman

• Assistant
Nicely colourful!

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
yes ! Beautiful colors  :-*

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist

Beautiful!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Crispy paintjob! I wish you a good continuation with your project! Please, keep posting!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
Looks good, but you do realise that Seleucid armies were big, don't you? You'll be much advanced in years before they're ready for action at this rate....
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline rumacara

• Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Well done. :-* :-*
Keep it coming.

Offline Caldor

• Assistant
Fantastic!

Offline AdamPHayes

• Mad Scientist
    • Wargame Warrior
Wow, that’s a long one he’s got!

Offline Arche Seleukeia

• Bookworm
My next phalangite, doing the base coat took me a few days but washing and highlighting only took an hour  lol

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
Wow, that’s a long one he’s got!

...as the actress said of the bishop.

Offline jazbo

• Librarian
    • My GNW Project Blog
Beautiful.

But surely at the rate your painting it will be literallt years before you have enough?

I find the more gamers focus on perfect painting, the less they game and the more frustrated they get. I used to do good painting, but now I block and wash, and I have big armies and am a happy gamer.

Just saying.
My Great Norther War Project Blog: GNW Gaming

Offline Arche Seleukeia

• Bookworm
Beautiful.

But surely at the rate your painting it will be literallt years before you have enough?

I find the more gamers focus on perfect painting, the less they game and the more frustrated they get. I used to do good painting, but now I block and wash, and I have big armies and am a happy gamer.

Just saying.

It doesn't take a long time for me to paint the minis but rather I don't paint often enough. I haven't been able to paint much currently due to a vacation with my fiancée but I've also been painting some other things. My plan is to paint all my current Aventine miniatures this summer.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Fantastic work! Good luck with your painting schedule.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Arche Seleukeia

• Bookworm
Long time, no update. My Seleukid project has fallen to the wayside but I do have some particular pieces that I wish to share.