Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689637
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Season 3 ROUND 4 Call For progress  (Read 14267 times)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Season 3 ROUND 4 Call For progress
« on: May 15, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »
How is everyone doing? I'll send my entries in tomorrow, so I can finally start working on them damn horses.  I have no clue why, but I just don't like painting them beasties. Maybe I should have gone for a group of amazones riding giant sabretooth tigers  ::)

Anyhow, how are you guys doing?
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: Season 3 ROUND 4 Call For progress
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:22:24 PM »
Got my round 4 and 5 done...now I'm working on my Giant Dino for round 10. Just saying...not trying to frighten.  ;)

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 04:25:47 PM »
Sent 4 in with 3, have 5 done, need to photogaph 6,7 & 8. Still trying to decide if I can be a***d to go with the theme of 10 as it holds no interest for me.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »
I'm working away on round 4 (actually on round 4 and round 6 simultaneously) but I'm procrastinating on round 5. Like Braxandur I have problems painting horses (or anything non-humanoid, actually) so it's going to be right down to the wire for me as to whether or not I actually get them done in time.

My round 5 woes are not be helped by the fact that my far superior resin bases that were on backorder with Hasselfree finally arrived and now I'm torn about re-basing my horses, or trying to start a whole new team...

I think the cavalry bonus round for round 5 was an excellent choice, but it's really kickin' my ass...!
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Mad Carew Snr

• Scientist
  • One in the Eye for the little yellow god
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »
Still wondering what to do for Round 1.....
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »
Slightly ahead of schedule for this week. Saturday is usually LPL photography and photo-editing day, but right now I'm actually at the computer looking at some shots I took earlier today.

I'm one of the horse-shy buggers too. That's why I painted my horseys a couple of weeks ago. So I have all week just to paint the riders and do the basing.

Svennn, I'm the same as you. I already did lots of Lost World stuff for gaming a few years ago. I don't need any more for my games, and have no interest in painting more just for the sake of the contest. I don't mind about the lost points, I'd rather paint something I'm enthusiastic about painting. So I'm planning something slightly bigger and more challenging than the norm as a finale, so that not doing the Lost World thing doesn't feel like a cop-out.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »
Week 4 entry went in earlier this week.  I've had "The Fear" about week 5 for some time now, but my entry is finally starting to come together.  Also made some progress on weeks 6 and 7.  Assembled my entry for week 10 as well, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to be painting for weeks 8 and 9, yet - not that I am short of options :)  Part of me wants to paint some beakies, but they'll just not be as good as Pil's :)

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Sent in Round 4, have yet to photograph Round 5 (I went kinda old school on this entry! and I agree with you guys - I don't like painting cavalry of any kind). Rounds 6 and 7 are being worked on (both 90% done - yet to be photographed) and I am presently working on my beastie for Round 10 so I don't fall behind.  I try to plug away with Round 10 and get something done every week so I don't have a big last minute rush at the end.  ::)
Somehow that seems to happen anyway...
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 10:02:46 PM »
(hiccup) beer is bad  :(

just like a lot of you, I also normally take the pictures on sauarday, but some nice ladies kept feeding my bee, so i didn't manage to finish the entry today... I can still try, but I don't think tI'd improve the quality :p

round 6 and 7 are nearly done and I'm already working on round 8,9 and 10 as well. However my plans involve painting 41 figure in total for round 8 and 9 so I'll have to speed up a bit more  ;)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 11:27:36 PM »
I have to skip Round 4 as I am spending the next few days with my father.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 01:32:00 AM »
I have just finished photographing and sending my round 4 entry.
Round 5 I have the horses painted just to finish the riders.
Nothing yet definite for rounds 6 to 9. I have a second Calvary (fantasy) entry that I may finish for one of the rounds. It was a back up if the horses did not work.
I have got about ¾ of the stuff I need for round 10, awaiting an order for the final ¼.
None of it painted yet.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 02:18:26 AM »
Round 4 is in, I am trying to get a good photograph of round 5 (especially as photography with the cheap a$$ digital camera I have is a challenge), round 6 is ready to be photographed, as is round 7, and I don't know what I will do for 8 or 9, and 10 is partially done (thank you Reaper for a King Kong analog!).
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 06:28:47 AM »
Sadly no round 4 from me, eye hasn't cleared up in time

much better now did some last night but too near deadline  :-[

still round 5 should be ok

dodge

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 09:34:40 AM »

For those unable or not intending to enter a new team for Round 4, don't forget the rule that says:

... if you think your new team wasn't really successful feel free to put old one again in the next round.

In other words, if you're not submitting a new team for Round 4, and feel that your Round 1 or Round 2 team was a better entry than your Round 3 team, you are entitled to use one of your previous teams to compete Round 4.

Please email me any instructions in this regard to lpleague3@yahoo.co.uk before 0700 GMT Sunday 17 May.

Otherwise, Round 3 entries will automatically progress into round 4 where a replacement team has not been sent...

:)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »
Round four has been submitted, now time to test my endurance and start on the damn horses  :-[