Forum > SuperHero Adventures

Bottled City of Kandor in 28mm?

(1/4) > >>

fourcolorfigs:
I am looking to do the Bottled City of Kandor as an objective marker for a Villain Mission Force RPG game. Here's a link explaining VMF:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=69939.0

While Kandor is a DC Comics thing, this issue will involve The Collector, and universal boundaries mean nothing to him.  ;)

So as far as I can tell, there is no 'Clix model for this. Anybody got any ideas for making one myself?

Thanks!

Ultravanillasmurf:
I did wonder about the Westwind Drohne:
https://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=192_68_139&product_id=773

But the dome is too small.

Some kind of space station might work, but the dome would be an issue.

Someone with a vacuum mould could easily make a suitable dome, if you can get one that fitted a Rubicon base you could then build the city inside.

Put that on a suitable pedestal on a base and you are sorted.

Hat Guy:
Given that "bottled" has a different meaning in Australian slang, I'm interested to see what Kandor looks like having been on the receiving end of a bottling.  ::)

Ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: Hat Guy on June 17, 2018, 01:23:33 AM ---Given that "bottled" has a different meaning in Australian slang, I'm interested to see what Kandor looks like having been on the receiving end of a bottling.  ::)

--- End quote ---
Ooh, poor you (in English that is to receive injuries - often of a circular pattern - from an improvised edged weapon, see also glassed).

Kandor is a city in a bottle, so think Terrarium (Kryptium?). There is a picture on Wikipedia but generally it is a dome with straight sides (think short inverted test tube) covering a tall elegant alien city and its population. There is a base containing support equipment.

One of the agridomes from Silent Running but with an urban environment would be an alternative view.

HerbyF:
I would look at a hobby or science supply store for a vial or test tube the size you need. The cheap science kits have plastic test tubes & vials that you could cut down to whatever height you want. or just find one the diameter & height you want. Also if you look through the doll house stuff you might be able to find a miniature display dome the size you need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version