Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help wanted: Military signage in (East) German, Russian, English and Dutch  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
I have a pet project involving Cold War infiltrations/assasinations/demolition on Harrier hides, supply dumps etc. I'm pretty much sorted for (planned) fences, guard towers, small MG bunkers, fuel and ammo trucks etc, but what I have trouble finding are warning signs usually found around army bases in (East) German, Dutch, Russian and English (RAF ones).

So far Dutch signage and Harrier hides have been the easiest to find signage of, but I have not got a clue what to look for in Russian or (East) German.

So things like Stop!, Area patrolled by dogs, shoot on sight, mines, whatever fits, I'm pretty happy with anything.

Quality of the image does not need to be great, everything will be scaled down to 20mm scale so a bit vague isn't an issue, as are partilally blocked signs, as I can use Photoshop for that.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Online cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Soviet sign "Stop! Passage and passage forbidden!":

The usual combination of signs "Stop!" and "Forbidden zone! Passage are prohibited!"

Sign: "Stop, I shoot without warning!"

Sign: "Stop mined!"

Sign: "Attention! The object is guarded by dogs!"

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:52:46 AM by cuprum »

Offline Etranger

• Mad Scientist
Are these any use to you. 1/87 so technically a bit small https://tl-modellbau.de/ Covers E & W Germany.

eg
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:29:12 AM by Etranger »
"It's only a flesh wound...."

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
Ah Cuprum, I had high hopes you would see this, many thanks :)

Etranger, thank you one of my favourite decal retailers that I use for 20mm. I wonder how I missed that. Many thanks. :)

Online cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Gunbird, unfortunately I do not always look through the sections that are not within the scope of my interests. So do not hesitate to write me in PM  ;)

One more explanation. In the Soviet Army, such tablets were not manufactured centrally (with the exception of standard road signs). They were made by soldiers on orders from commanders. Accordingly, their appearance and performance strongly depended on the skills available to the performer  lol

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
No worries Cuprum, glad you popped over and helped out when you did. Thx :)