Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) 15-18mm Samurai fantasy Kickstarter  (Read 6716 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: (COMMERCIAL) 15-18mm Samurai fantasy Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 01:22:16 AM »
Ignore the post on shipping may have a distributor in Europe. Will post when I know more.

Philip

That's very (VERY!) good news!!!

I hope, it'll push the project, because this will also mean we don't have to pay taxes, right?

Offline Emphatz

• Bookworm
    • My Miniatures Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 06:16:07 AM »
Hi all, great little Kickstarter going ATM, for those that haven't seen it, please go over and pledge  :D
15mm figures for games in feudal Japan. Ronin, Samurai, Monks, Ninja and fantasy figures to play anything from skirmish to large armies

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667107108/samurai-fantasy-skirmish-and-wargames?ref=discovery&term=Samurai%20fantasy%20skirmish%20and%20wargames

Here are some progress pics:

Onna Bugeisha - Female Samurai

Onni - Troll of sorts, Size pic

Villager

Bandit on Horse Back

Ninja

Hope you don't mind me posting this up Saman17  :P

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 06:18:00 AM by Emphatz »

Offline Saman17

• Student
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 03:38:52 PM »
No problem at all on repost. Appreciate it.

Overseas Shipping Update

UK & Europe

Martin at Dragonfrog Games in the UK has kindly agreed to forward packages within Europe. As a result we will pay for shipping to him, and the associated customs duties. Backers in Europe will just have to pay for the postage from the UK to the final destination.

Rest of the World

Backers outside of Europe will be given a 50% discount off of the actual shipping cost for their package.

Also added a $25 Pledge level.

Thank you to all the backers so far,

Philip

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »

Overseas Shipping Update

UK & Europe

Martin at Dragonfrog Games in the UK has kindly agreed to forward packages within Europe. As a result we will pay for shipping to him, and the associated customs duties. Backers in Europe will just have to pay for the postage from the UK to the final destination.

Rest of the World

Backers outside of Europe will be given a 50% discount off of the actual shipping cost for their package.

Philip

Dear Philip,

now that's good news! I appreciate it, and hope there will be many more backers!!

Florian

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2018, 08:49:52 PM »

Overseas Shipping Update

UK & Europe

Rest of the World

Philip

Hi Philip - does the RoW shipping plan include Canada or are you able to estimate specific rates for here?  I'm already in for a chunk (3 of the 4 factions plus extras) but it'd help to have an estimate.

Thanks,
Chris

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
Good idea to resolve the European shipping problem, and the $25 pledge level is very welcome because of the flexibility it gives.

Offline Saman17

• Student
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
Canada is included in the 50% off shipping. Sorry can't give a estimate because not sure of weight and i dont want to speculate. Item will be shipped from lexington kentucky 40516.

Thanks for the support
Philip.

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
Thanks Philip.

Offline Saman17

• Student
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 03:12:46 PM »

FREE FOR ALL BACKERS that pledge $25 or more, this magnificent set of 7 Unarmored Samurai.

These 7 Samurai take the range over 200 different variants, and there will be more in the future.

Samurai fantasy skirmish and wargames, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667107108/samurai-fantasy-skirmish-and-wargames

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »
Backed. :)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
I raised my pledge, but still we are not funded. Strangely most big newsportals ignore this KS...why?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 09:45:38 PM »
Yes, this one is going to be close.  Great range of miniatures with a lot of potential but very little visibility around the web.
Hard to get the majority of gamers to look outside the constraint of 28mm though.

Further expansion of the Japanese Mythic creatures should be a priority if it does fund and go into production. There are a lot of 15mm Samurai out there but only limited options on the folklore side.

Offline Saman17

• Student
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 01:49:00 AM »
Samurai Fantasy Miniatures Update.
With 3 days to go FREE FOR ALL BACKERS that pledge $25 or more, this Oriental Dragon.

Thanks for the support.
Philip.

Samurai fantasy skirmish and wargames, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667107108/samurai-fantasy-skirmish-and-wargames

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 11:27:49 AM »
Yes, this one is going to be close.  Great range of miniatures with a lot of potential but very little visibility around the web.
Hard to get the majority of gamers to look outside the constraint of 28mm though.

Further expansion of the Japanese Mythic creatures should be a priority if it does fund and go into production. There are a lot of 15mm Samurai out there but only limited options on the folklore side.

mhmm, 15mm is a popular scale... despite the attempt to belittle it from the 28mm (or 20mm for that matter) crowd...  lol   I think it is more a question of 'monopoly'. The big KS news  outlets tend to be more focused on larger miniatures and shiny overpromising (rather than solid)  KS. If oyu look at Tabletopfix it is always crammed of boardgame with miniatures projects... or crappy accessories. In fairness I saw the ad ther,e but it was literally submerged in the noise of other KS.  Less the case with wargames news and terrain but again there is too much going on.  Beast of War tends to focus only on big brand names...  I think there is also a bit of KS fatigue and over-advertising everywhere.  It is a shame because the troops here looks promising...
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »
seems we have crossed the roll point in aviation parlance  :) Looking forward to paint them.