Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686616
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Trying to Remember a Napoleonic 100 Days book Solved but with a twist!!  (Read 1061 times)

Offline cernem1alt

• Student
  • life of man solitary poor nasty brutish & short
    • 1685 and all that!
HELP! It is driving me nuts.

I am trying to remember a book I once owned which gave details of the Armies of the 100 Days campaigns. I know it had quite  lot of information on the Brunswick Army that is why I got it.

The book itself was one of those home made cottage industry type books  similar to those sold at Caliver books I have checked their site to no avail.

It does not help as I cant remember the title its contents covered Quatre Bras and Ligny with possibly Waterloo, Brunswick and possibly KGL army orginisation and commanders and deployment too.
The cover was a Sandy Cardboard the paper was cheap matt quality the pictures possibly hand drawn. I bought this between 1987-1997.

In the back of my mind Anschluss Publishing is jogging the old grey cells a bit

Now we're cooking with gas!!!   :) it was The Brunswick Army by W.J Rawkiins

Some information

Anschluss Publishing, 1980. "In the late 1970s and the early 1980s, W.J. Rawkins produced a series of uniform books on the various armies of the Napoleonic Wars. These books were unique because they covered most of the minor countries of the period. The books are similar in size and contents, with each about 30 pages long, with four pages of line drawings illustrating the various features of the uniforms, plus charts showing facings, plumes, lace, and other regimental distinctions." Size: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. 

Now to find it :D

Found it and what is more all the others and most except Brunswick which is coming soon are now available to download from the authors website prices very reasonable. Link to site

http://www.thehistorybookman.webeden.co.uk/home/4579739019

And a final twist from the Authors web page Quote

Q.    I had heard that you had sold the rights to these books to Anschluss Publishing in the 1990's?

A.     Several 'pirated' versions in paper and e-book format have appeared briefly over the years since the series went Out of Print in 1984.  At no time has the copyright been sold or transferred or permission given to any person or company to publish or copy any part of these works.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:15:22 AM by cernem1alt »

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Trying to Remember a Napoleonic 100 Days book
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »
Could it be
Uniforms of Waterloo in colour
by Philip Haythornthwaite
Illustrated by Jack Cassin-Scott and Mike Chapell
Blandford Press
Copyright 1974 Reprinted 1979, 1983
?
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline cernem1alt

• Student
    • 1685 and all that!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »
Sadly not I have that, it was all printed in black and white and as I say possibly a "cottage home industry" done on a photo copier type of thing

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
Sadly not I have that, it was all printed in black and white and as I say possibly a "cottage home industry" done on a photo copier type of thing

I see.
The book I mentioned was the cause I started painting and playing Napoleonics after 1988.
And in 190 small format pages it covered all the four battles, Brunswick, KGL, army organization and all.
Sorry I didn't managed to help  :(

Offline cernem1alt

• Student
    • 1685 and all that!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 10:47:26 PM »
Could have been published by Anschluss Publishing they were sold from the Keep Devizes I spent a bit of money with them over the years and being from the South West they were often at shows I went to,
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:41:20 AM by cernem1alt »