Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686584
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Rok

• Student
« on: June 22, 2018, 04:27:21 PM »
Hi all, my name is Rok and I'm new to this forum - I hope it's ok to post here my first message, otherwise please redirect me to the proper section...

I discovered quite recently the historical wargaming and I'm really captured by it.
Only "downside", the more I dig and look for info, the more ignorant I feel (well I guess it's quite common...). My current project is to paint a German/HRE force using mainly Fireforge minis and hopefully manage to play some games of Lion Rampant/Burn&Loot/other skirmishes, but my main interest is in painting.

I've found some resources for knights coat of arms and such, but I still have many question in my head so I hope you won't mind if I'll start asking sooner than later

:)

Offline Sardoo

• Mad Scientist
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 04:56:52 PM »
A warm welcome to the forum! Have fun!

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 05:29:35 PM »
Nobody objects to answering questions and getting a new recruit ready for action. If anything, you'll probably be bombarded with more answers than you want.
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 11:07:48 PM »
Welcome, welcome. Curious to see your work!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 11:24:46 PM »
Welcome...

Offline Rok

• Student
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 05:17:28 PM »
Thank you all :)
Work is keeping me a little busier than usual, but I think in the next few days I'll be able to post some pics + question
(English is not my first language so it takes me a little while to write a post that makes sense lol)

Offline wrgmr1

• Mad Scientist
  • Mad Gamer and Painter
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 04:33:25 PM »
Welcome! There's lots of great people here with answers to questions. Also wonderful eye candy of games and painted figures. Enjoy!

Offline Rok

• Student
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 10:43:34 AM »
Thank you! Yes I already have some of my question answered, I have many things I'd like to discuss but I think it makes more sense if I show some of my work first, so we can actually talk about "something" and it's easier for me to explain what I mean. So, let's do some painting!
In any case, I'm really happy I have found this place