Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690604
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Question about Prodos USMC minis...  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
Question about Prodos USMC minis...
« on: June 22, 2018, 05:52:54 PM »
I was looking at the multipart USMC squad at Prodos site, and wanted to ask you guys about them? If anyone's got them, do they look a bit different from the original squad from the KS? The Helmets and faces look different, and somehow I get the impression the body proportions might differ as well?

I think at the time of the KS there was an alternate squad on offer, what happened to it, or is this it?

I wouldn't otherwise even consider Prodos, but I would need one more squad and smart guns, so there it is...

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
Re: Question about Prodos USMC minis...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 06:42:14 PM »
Don't be put off by the renders - the multi-part marines,are,excellent sculpts and casts and are very close in size and proportions to the original sets.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 06:46:05 PM »
Good to hear, dwartist. I guess I can force myself to order a squad then... lol

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 10:45:50 PM »
I can take a few pics but not until Sunday.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 11:48:57 PM »
That's ok, I already ordered them.  lol

I wanted the sentry guns anyways, so I thought I might as well. Can't do much with just one squad of USMC with closer to 50 aliens and four predators, eh?

I think I am going to go with the Khusaran 'not'-version of the armoured car, it looks good even if it might be a tad large. And no way I am going to pay the price Prodos asks for their official model. Nor the dropship, that's just crazy.

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
I was looking at the multipart USMC squad at Prodos site, and wanted to ask you guys about them? If anyone's got them, do they look a bit different from the original squad from the KS? The Helmets and faces look different, and somehow I get the impression the body proportions might differ as well?

I think at the time of the KS there was an alternate squad on offer, what happened to it, or is this it?
A very good question.  Perhaps you would like to ask Prodos as, 4 years 7 months after their money-grab finishing, nothing has appeared (along with much more for many of their long-suffering backers).  Apparently they are still awaiting approval from Fox, despite numerous non-KS additions to the range in the interim. 

Could it be they might not be telling the truth?  Surely not?  After all they have such an exemplary track record.....
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/alien-vs-predator-the-miniatures-game
https://web.archive.org/web/20131130145155/http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/alien-vs-predator-the-miniatures-game

I wouldn't otherwise even consider Prodos
That. Ever.
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 01:52:08 PM »
A little update: I received the sentry gun pack and multipart Marines, and was surprised to see a lot of extra minis included... I did wonder why the mail box was so big. lol

Anyways, there was an extra multipart Marines pack, an extra original Marines pack, and even a sprue of 'invisible' Predators! So now I have 15 new Marines to assemble and I need to figure the best way to glue those inviso-bits together. Oh boy these look fiddly.

I think these are a compensation for the stuff what was missing from my KS delivery. I have already forgotten what I picked way back then, but I am pretty sure Sentry guns and the Invisible preds were in there. And since I purchased the sentry guns this time, I think they chugged in extra Marines to compensate?

So I am pleased having received these, delighted even. But I can't figure Prodos out, was it just the postage that prevented them sending the outstanding minis, and they included them now since I paid for the postage anyways? Or did they just plain forget them at the time, and only now checked if I was due some KS minis?

So it's a mix of happy and confused for me.