Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lemonade Wars: The Project. (Female Pig Boss and Cat Enforcer) 03/09  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I thought that it would make sense to put all of my efforts for the Lemonade Wars in one thread, so here goes....

A quick intro.....

The Lemonade Wars!

Lemonade has become the Curse of Modern Animal Society!
Creatures everywhere are becoming Hooked!
The President has been called upon to take action!

It is the year 920 in the United States of Animalia and the President, Hedgerow Wilson, has passed the Act Of Prohibition. This unpopular Act aims to oversee the prevention by law of the manufacture, distribution and sale of Lemonade in all of its forms.

While Prohibition has been successful in reducing the volume of Lemonade consumed, it is unfortunately  also responsible for an outbreak of underground, organised gangs and widespread criminal activity involving the illegal production, distribution and sale of this most sought after beverage.

From the Squeeze-E'Zees of the Big Smoke to the rural Squeezers of the Wide Country, production of Lemonade has not stopped, it has simply become a lucrative underground industry which has seen the rise of many criminal organisations making a tidy profit from its illegal availability.

Of course, with the amount of money involved, when two gangs meet, it is not always pleasant! An encounter can quickly escalate into extreme violence, with innocent bystanders often caught in the crossfire.

This has become a serious problem, and a battle that appears to be causing the Authorities many problems.

Problems with no end in sight...

The Lemonade Wars have begun!

Scenery.

The setting for The Lemonade Wars is a very forgiving one when it comes to scenery as quite a lot of my existing collection will work.
I will be using some fantasy stuff for the more rural 'out in the sticks' encounters, the Old West stuff for newer semi-urban communities and the more modern early twentieth century efforts for clashes in 'The Big Smoke'.

I also have some plans for some scenery made specifically for this setting, but that will be in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, here are some pictures from games showing some of the scenery that we have used during playtesting using the existing collection.

First up are some shots using mostly Old West scenery with a few period cars to help set the scene....

And a few shots showing the set-up for a game that used mostly trees and rocks with one ruined building taken from the Mordheim collection and a new 'shipwreck' piece that was made more recently.

And finally, a few using a mix of scenery to create a coastal setting...

As you can see from the pictures, a wide range of scenery will work just fine, with plans for a few new additions well and truly in the pipeline.
 ;)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:30:28 AM by Mason »

Offline Doudou

• Bookworm
Re: The Lemonade Wars: The Project.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:13:13 AM »
Thanks, Doudou, much appreciated.
 :)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 08:22:39 AM »
Brill  :D
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 08:40:12 AM »
Awesome! 8)

So cool that only the addition of a few different miniatures will completely change the feel of your terrain pieces.

And with your huge collection of terrain, the combinations must be endless too...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 09:00:28 AM »
Thanks, chaps.

So cool that only the addition of a few different miniatures will completely change the feel of your terrain pieces.

And with your huge collection of terrain, the combinations must be endless too...

I have learnt since building the earliest stuff (for Mordheim) to make things as generic as possible.
There are a few changes that will be made over time, like the removal of the sign on the 'Undertakers' and the Mordheim-specific posters on some of the older pieces to make them more effective.

As you mentioned, I have used a lot of these various pieces in different genres and periods with the addition of small items of scenery (like period cars and scatter terrain) to set the scene.

I shall post the first piece of scenery that was inspired by this project later.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 10:06:11 AM »
I had had my eye on the new 'shipwreck' from GW for some time now as I can see it have a few uses for various fantasy games as well as OGAM and Strange Aeons and was also looking to build some more 'interesting' scenery for Lemonade Wars rather than just historical stuff, so it seemed to fit the bill as a basis for all of them..

I have so far resisted buying one as I am busy with other stuff, but then, whilst looking for something else, I found an old 'living boat' that I made ages ago and have decided that I can build something more like what I am looking for with this....

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The Lemonade Wars: The Project. (Shipwreck scenery 24/06)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 10:11:34 AM »
Right then, the WIP of the thing....

1. The thing was removed from its old acrylic base.

2. Then sawn in half ( I had forgotten all those slotta bases inside).

3. Rebased on plywood and angled foam risers put in to tilt it.

4.Plenty of green stuff was used to help hold it all together and strengthen it.

5. New stuff undercoated in 50/50 mix of paint and PVA.

It was now ready to repaint and tart up.

A few passes over with a large drybrush using various shades of grey and the base 'tufted up' and the 'shipwreck' is finished and ready for the table.

Shots of the individual sections.....

It also includes a bonus 'tree' which was from an branch found laying around minding its own business.

It should work just fine for Lemonade Wars as well as OGAM, Strange Aeons and a whole host of fantasy uses.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The Lemonade Wars: The Project.(The Episode One Characters)
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 10:33:01 AM »
The painted Characters from the first KS, Episode One: Anim-Al Capone!

First up are those that I have slapped paint on....

And those coloured-in by The Lockswin...

And just for completeness sake as he is the last Character from Episode One, here is the Vole Enforcer.....

...which will be replaced with a colour version once I finish poking at it with a brush.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:01:56 PM by Mason »

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
 8)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
I finally got around to painting the last character from Episode One, the Vole Enforcer....

That is a bloody awful picture, I shall have to take it again sometime.....
 ::)

Oh, and I slapped paint on another, 'Pinky' Pembleton, the Cat Enforcer...

'Pinky' is a conversion, the Dog Enforcer body and Beat Cop Cat's head with a little greenstuff to alter the hat and fluff up the tail. There is a Cat Enforcer in Episode Three, but I wanted to try this out and I think that it worked well.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The Lemonade Wars: The Project.(Beat Cop conversions)
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 09:22:03 AM »

Although there will be more 'official' Beat Cops made in future, including a Dog and a Mouse, I decided to make a few quick and easy conversions for our own games until they are ready.

Two easy conversions with the Cat body and Dog head left over from the earlier Enforcer conversion, and making use of the Shrew body with the Mouse head for the other.

Green stuff hats and other detailing including remaking the neck join on both and building up the shoulders and back on the Mouse in order to it fit better.

Anyway, enough waffle, here they are....

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:42:45 AM by Mason »

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: The Lemonade Wars: The Project. (Beat Cop conversions)
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 01:00:54 PM »
Nice work mate  :)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Nice work mate  :)

Cheers, mate.

Got two more done.....

That means that Porky now has a fully painted Gang to lead....

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The Lemonade Wars: The Project. (Female Pig Boss and Cat Enforcer) 03/09
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
Two more.

Miss Snowflake.....

...and the Cat Enforcer......

Both from the Episode Three campaign which is currently on Kickstarter.