Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:43:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689726
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Businesses should improve their comms with customers!  (Read 3390 times)

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
Re: Businesses should improve their comms with customers!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 04:26:41 PM »
I'm not sure I wholeheartedly agree with the concept of sending a message of thanks to every vendor I buy from but I do thank them if my experience was good by way of return custom and a like or short review. Failing that I make others aware of the business and their products. I do agree that where someone goes beyond the expectations of normal business, this does deserve a message of thanks. Interestingly, this topic has come up as I am considering opening a PayPal dispute against a company (I wonder whether it is the same one as the OP) Sadly this is the second miniature company that I have had no communication from regarding an order  ::)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:30:14 PM by westwaller »

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 06:42:43 PM »
I agree about communication.  It goes a long way to help resolve problems before escalation.  As to thanking retailers - always when I get a great service from them but rarely when it is routine.

However I always confirm arrival to other LAF members when I buy or trade from the Bazaar.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 07:01:20 PM »
I've been thinking about this and it does depend on the nature of the business too, I suppose. If I'm just buying figures from a 'regular' retailer then I usually won't email. If it's a small one person outfit then I quite often will (like Andy at Heresy), likewise if I know them personally. For something like a bespoke service I can see why the person providing the service would like a quick email saying thanks it's here, I like it, etc. The sort of thing Oshiro does with commissioned terrain and buildings, for example, is a far more personal service than filling an online shopping cart. Putting myself in those shoes I'd have to say I'd appreciate a response too. You want to know that the thing you've put hours and hours (maybe days) into has been well received. It's part feedback too really, to see what the client has liked, disliked, etc.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 05:13:28 AM »
There are a lot of ways to say thank you.  When dealing with a vendor through ebay I make a point of reviewing the the transaction of receipt of the package.  With other mail order vendors I will usually post an arrival on their FB group if they have one.  Best case scenario is posting painted minis I ordered from them and saying how much I liked them.

On the receiving end I like it when the seller pops a note or the inside lid of the box or sends a tea.  I'm a coffee drinker but in either case the small gesture means a lot.

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 08:32:24 AM »
One man in the garage business ... that's to say "a single man" .
Don't ask for more communication ( or mothering ? ) if you don't want an increase of price ...
 ;)

lol lol
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 12:11:23 AM »
I get the points put above and I can only say that in my experience people today are not always polite or act properly. I have had people buy from me on eBay, ask for all sorts of things, which I try to do, and then they can't even be bothered to confirm delivery and/or leave feedback. So yes, when you pay for something you are trusting the company to deliver it, and they should communicate to you (proper business comms!) and likewise you as a customer should do the courtesy of saying thanks. How are are these things...answer, obviously pretty difficult for some!

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 03:15:25 PM »

Quite a few of my customers ask for normal postage (especially those abroad), so yes, a little thank you to say it's arrived safe and sound wouldn't go amiss.

I totally agree. And this goes for personal trades here and on facebook too.

I tend to contact a seller, to tell everything is ok, if I had prior personal contact. When there is a unpersonal webshop, then I tend to not write anything unless a problem happens.

On ebay and similar I give reply with my feedback.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 07:30:54 AM »
Can I add Hasslefree to this list?

Days since email, no response.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2018, 10:30:24 AM »
Appart from problems with companies and size of them, comunication should work in both ways/directions.
Of course when a seller receives money from a customer he should be abbe to be comunicative in all manners and give a feedback untill the order is posted. After all we spend money on him.
But the oposite also should happen. I bet almost all sellers like to receive answers and good feedback from their customers. Its a way to know how their business is going and a way to burst morale to keep going.
I have experienced many problems with orders and i´ve tried to solve them politely and when i cant there is always a dispute oppened on ebay to solve it. But i always give a feedback, good or bad to the seller. I think this is important.